Jestersix

Why is it that....

Had a direct hit a couple months ago. I took my glasses off for a minute because they got splashed when I dropped a frag. The safety issue didn’t even register since I’m used to *always* having them on. I was trying to get an xacto under a polyp and accidentally squished it —directly into my right eye.

Everything was fine at first but my eye started getting itchy, red, and swollen 2 days later. Oddly enough the ophthalmologist had heard of palytoxin! Got chewed out a bit for not wearing glasses but they set me up with some steroid drops and the eye was 100% back to normal a few days later.

Had a direct hit a couple months ago. I took my glasses off for a minute because they got splashed when I dropped a frag. The safety issue didn’t even register since I’m used to *always* having them on. I was trying to get an xacto under a polyp and accidentally squished it —directly into my right eye.

Everything was fine at first but my eye started getting itchy, red, and swollen 2 days later. Oddly enough the ophthalmologist had heard of palytoxin! Got chewed out a bit for not wearing glasses but they set me up with some steroid drops and the eye was 100% back to normal a few days later.
wow...a lesson for all.

i have had this happen to me 3 or 4 times, I always instantly wash my eye with water for at least 5 minutes under the sink. So far worst thing that has happened is an itchy red swollen eye

Well in fairness to the zoa, you are probably putting your eye uncomfortably close to and directly above the zoa as you are carefully messing with it. And you’ve got 2 of them, doubling their chances of a hit.

Back