Reef nutrition

Bumblebee Snails

NickRoseSN1985

Supporting Member
I'm in need of some Bumblebee snails for vermetid control. I've tried by hand but they have just overran the tank. I've tried my local LFS but they have none. I would try Neptune but dont want to drive down to SJ just to find out they have none. Anyone on the peninsula have any to spare? I live in San Mateo.

Yeah I’ve been reading up on them. Seems like they eat anything that are worms, feather dusters, also snails smaller then them. They don’t bother corals.

I’ve heard this too. I considered getting them for my bristle worm outbreak but I was too nervous about them also eating feather dusters and smaller snails.

For me, manual control of vermatids works well. I just crush the base below the tube where the worm lives with bone cutters. If you just break off the thin tube part they often just come back.

I’ve heard this too. I considered getting them for my bristle worm outbreak but I was too nervous about them also eating feather dusters and smaller snails.

For me, manual control of vermatids works well. I just crush the base below the tube where the worm lives with bone cutters. If you just break off the thin tube part they often just come back.

arrow crabs are extremely good for bristleworms. one eliminated my bristleworm population to where I dont see any anymore ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I will wait for January when I have time to go down to San Jose. I do want to go to Neptune again. Thanks for the help anyway. Does Violet Sea do any discounts if you buy a certain amount of snails?

I think I will wait for January when I have time to go down to San Jose. I do want to go to Neptune again. Thanks for the help anyway. Does Violet Sea do any discounts if you buy a certain amount of snails?
I didn't ask, tbh... but i don't think so since i bought a bunch of other snails too... and didn't get offered any.

@NelsonCh may know. Think he moonlights there, if i recall

usually its 10% off purchase of 150. Fish is 2day death warranty with video footage for evidence.

Theres discount on some corals, just forgot which ones.

You should have told me you were gonna visit @NanoCrazed. I could have come by to give ya a reefkoi from the DBTC

usually its 10% off purchase of 150. Fish is 2day death warranty with video footage for evidence.

Theres discount on some corals, just forgot which ones.

You should have told me you were gonna visit @NanoCrazed. I could have come by to give ya a reefkoi from the DBTC

Ah... didn't realize there was one available!! And i just lost my reefkoi momma too!

I can always swing by another time.

Was there around 12:30p or so today...

Back