High Tide Aquatics

Is Reefbot the only...

...auto-tester that does Phosphates? Anyone used one?
I would go with something like ion director. Thu they do not test po4 yet, they test no3 which to me, it can be an indication to the po4..
they claim it's on the road map.

My problem with the reefbot is that its robotic based that depend on the accuracy if the test kit. So you have 2 levels of accuracy junctions. The robot itself and the test kit itself.
It's also not clear yet what the support of the company will be like...
Finally the size. This thing is massive ha ha.

It's cool device no doubt..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If I had alk and phosphate I’d be happy.
You and me both.
For alk amd very happy with my khg. I have kh director in the box never opened it cause only with khg you can return the test water back to the tank. Which is hard to go back from ha ha.

People used to say if only something would test my alk I’d be happy. Now they have that you want po4. When they do that you’ll want something else. :)

People used to say if only something would test my alk I’d be happy. Now they have that you want po4. When they do that you’ll want something else. :)
Not really to be honest. Nitrate is cool I guess, potassium is useful. Everything pretty much exists at this point, but no phosphate still. Bummer.
Controlling flow through a gfo reactor based on phosphate readings would be super awesome. And alerts if it gets to high. No wasting media just to make sure it isn’t spent yet.

Not really to be honest. Nitrate is cool I guess, potassium is useful. Everything pretty much exists at this point, but no phosphate still. Bummer.
Controlling flow through a gfo reactor based on phosphate readings would be super awesome. And alerts if it gets to high. No wasting media just to make sure it isn’t spent yet.
To me the trifecta is potassium, alk and no3.
You test automate these is golden.
if u can automate these 3, no more icp and no more salifert once s month..

Last edited:
what's special about potassium? Never heard of a need to test for it.

That said, chop up some bananas to mix with your fish food should be good right? :D
ha ha ha
Keep sps heavy tank, try to pop colors then you will see how impactful potassium is..
Many at the moment potassium comes immediately after alk for me.
Ca, no3 and po4 I can manage without kuch testing, but potassium is not easy to test yet its impact is so notable on my coral colors..

Keep sps heavy tank, try to pop colors then you will see how impactful potassium is..
Many at the moment potassium comes immediately after alk for me.
Ca, no3 and po4 I can manage without kuch testing, but potassium is not easy to test yet its impact is so notable on my coral colors..

Interesting.
I did test for it for a while (manually), and it was usually low. I added potassium, and never noticed a difference, so I wondered what the fuss was about.
But I have a mostly softy/lps tank, so that might be the key.

Interesting.
I did test for it for a while (manually), and it was usually low. I added potassium, and never noticed a difference, so I wondered what the fuss was about.
But I have a mostly softy/lps tank, so that might be the key.
Man if my k+ dip below 350 my coral look noticeably worst in term of color and slow in growth.
Low K+ will give less PE, will wash out blue color, stylo will lose its puffiness.
At low nutrient levels the effect if potassium is even more magnified ..

Back