Jestersix

My son Masons IM 14g peninsula

Hi guys. My son decided to ask me for a small tank with clownfish and anemones. I ignored him once and was like yeah yeah we will see. He asked me again and I was like I’m not sure if your ready to put in the work he said he was. So he ask the third time and I was like okay. He said he wanted to get a big tank like mines when he gets older. (Proud moment) Right on for @Mr2KiEu for hooking me up with the tank set up and light @Corallus for the anemones and one of the guys from reef central for hooking me with some mushrooms to add to his tank. I’m starting to love how it’s coming. Specially mase. That boy isn’t scared of getting down and dirty when it comes to his tank. He is always wanting to test something or wants to help me make some fresh saltwater or make sure the top off container is full. He really is getting things down. He also started learning how to do water changes. For a 6 year old I think he is getting the hang of it. He wants to add more corals like stuff with tentacles like toadstools frog spawn hammers things like that. Let me know if you have a frag. Recently the tank had a nasty bacterial bloom and cleared it up with a uv. Now the water is cleared.

20620D61-DD82-42CB-BF3A-AECD296DC95D.jpeg
Equpment
Apexjr
Ai prime hd
Heater
Fan for cooling
Tunze Nano ato
Korelia Nano power head
I am running some carbon, Chemipure and some bioballs.

lifestock
5 rbt anemones
1 rose anemone
1 torch
1 octospawn.
Some mushrooms.

3737403B-1E03-4834-A9E5-776683FFA5D0.jpeg
DA582F63-F7BC-4123-BA16-CE03BC9DB758.jpeg
18498D35-3CC2-4FC0-AF19-2CBDF0D8F506.jpeg

Last edited:
I love it! My son is the reason why I decided to finaly take the dive into salt water. It has to be the coolest thing when he reads or watches his iPad about the ocean animals and then can walk to our living room and see it!

I love it! My son is the reason why I decided to finaly take the dive into salt water. It has to be the coolest thing when he reads or watches his iPad about the ocean animals and then can walk to our living room and see it!
Yeah man he always been fascinated with the ocean ever since we went to Mexico. He decided to to finally dunk his head underwater on his own for the first time and saw all these fishes.
1FD57F24-4236-4C11-8E22-AD803D25EA48.png

I have a bonded pair of clownfish he can have if he’s interested. Nice and healthy. LMK.. he’s really cool! Love the intensity he has! Good job dad!!!
Thank you and No problem thanks for the offer anyways. Yeah he knows a little bit too much about nitrates and Amonnia for his age haha. But I love that he showing as much interest as me.

My cousin @payas0 just hooked up my son with a beautiful specimen a flaming prawn goby. The thing is so small but yet soooo beautiful. Will update with photo. Man my kids tank is turning out to be a good one

Last edited:
Back