Reef nutrition

Red Sea 300xl

JustinBolton

Supporting Member
Recently relocated from Mn (originally Ny) and have been in the hobby for 12 years. Had a 120 which I Gave my stuff to my LFS New Wave Aquaria (Jen on BRstv). After a few months, I got a house and setup a fiji22.4 ext, got some of my frags and my 11 year old clown fish sent out to me. I plan on upgrading to a 80-120 gal and in between the reefer 300xl, waterbox 100.3 or 130.3.

fijicube 22.4 ext
Fijicube 15 sump
Ecotech S2
Ecotech Mp10w
Ecotech XR15 Blue with RMS
Sps

lps

fish

987F663C-0B68-4DF9-8541-8586CABCF34D.jpeg

Forgot how hard a new tank is, lost a few of my sps already, man this moving and resetting up is always harder than anticipated
RIP
Billy Murray
RRC orange passion

sorry to hear that. how long has the tank been set up? honestly, to me, no offense, just my opinion - the tank might not be ready for any sps currently.

Well pulled the trigger on an RSR 300xl, looking for more volume and stability, it should be here next weekend, can’t wait to upgrade. I will be most likely selling the Fiji 22.4ext.

Nice new tank can't wait to see it all setup with corals
Me too lol!
That’s some prime real estate
Indeed some room to grow, I was in between the 425Xl and this one (non XL are too narrow for my liking. Ultimately I went smaller due to less maintenance as I am enjoying smaller less physical water changes and the cover is 7’ wide so not much room on either side for a 4’ tank. Down the road we plan on renovating the kitchen and moving it to where the tank is currently so who knows if I will upgrade again.

After tearing down and moving across the country and starting over, this has been a lot harder than I remember to get a stable running tank. 6 months in and acros keep dying, Dinos going crazy, ugh. Parameters are all good its just frustrating.

Back