Neptune Aquatics

DurTBear's 10 gallon frag tank

Thanks guys! Yeah...it's not easy. Doing the front was a chore in itself. The sides have multiple layers though so it's going to be a workout!

Nice job on the gurgle buster. The tanks looking good too.

You could also build in a small bubble tower.

http://www.melevsreef.com/video/trapped_bubbles.wmv

Someone on RC suggested that too. I think that's a great idea. It just might take up a lot of space in a 10 gallon but we'll see. I'm definitely open to the idea of trying it.

Yeah...the microbubbles are tough. So many things generate microbubbles (skimmer, overflow, fuge return). A bunch of filter socks would do the trick although my tank would start looking like my laundry basket after a while...

it's a frag tank. Do you really need to get rid off all the bubbles? If you can cut down the noise then go for it. If it gives you more flow, why not use it?

hehehe.. actually if you setup a dream tank, I would think that you will have the sump/fuge. Most bubbles are gone by the time the water gets to the return pump if you have the sump setup correctly.

If you find a way to eliminate the bubbles, share.. It would be kinda cool to have two display tanks connect with one on top and one on the bottom 8) ..

The filter sock did the trick! Stuck one on the drain output and now there are no more bubbles! This should help with microbubbles and salt creep that has been severely building around the drain pipe.

Snapped some pics from my frag tank a while back and just wanted to share. The Bellina and Borealis were picked up last week at Ocean's Treasures.

ORA Bellina:
ORABellinatop.jpg

ORABellina.jpg

ORA Borealis:
ORABorealistop.jpg

ORABorealis.jpg

Sunset monti:
Sunsetmonti.jpg

Superman monti:
Supermanmonti.jpg

ORA Red Planet:
ORARedPlanet.jpg

ORA Hawkins:
ORAHawkins.jpg

Thanks Ant. They're definitely two of my favorite pieces of coral in my tanks. I just need to glue them down onto some rock rubble so they'll grow out. Then I can put them into DBTC hopefully sometime this year.

Thanks Adolfo. The frag tank definitely added a bit more to my maintenance/workload on the fish tanks. Have to top off more frequently and change out the filter socks every week or two. But it's been a fun and educational experience!

Back