Cali Kid Corals

10 Gallon AIO

As some may have known, I already have a 10 gallon nano. But being tired of seeing all the equipment in the tank so far, I've decided for an overhaul. Basically what I'm doing is another 10 gallon nano but with a false wall hiding some stuff.

Planned / Current equipment:
CPR HOB Skimmer
AC70 fuge mod
Vortech MP10
EBO Jager 50w
Fishneedit 4x24w T5HO (upgrading to 2x par38 bulb soon)

Stocklist:
1 yellow clown goby
2 yellow tailed damsels
SPS, LPS, and few mushrooms

Here is what it looks like so far:
P1000676.jpg

On a side note, just bought a 24"x18" x.220 sheet of acrylic today from HD. Can anyone help me cut it in SF? I dont really got the tools myself...

Why not just paint the back of the tank black?
I could help you cut the acrylic but am free till Wednesday, well free is saying I have to complete a small project so I can be free to help you cut the acrylic while I'm there. Close to the former Ocean Treasures Aquarium LMK

Yup. Going to paint the back of the tank black. Its going to have a partition in the back right corner for a overflow system where I'll be hiding the intake tubes and heater. Also going to paint the back of the acrylic black and layer another layer of acrylic over that so the paint doesnt ever touch water. (Not sure if spraypaint is safe for reef)
That'll be great Mario!
Anytime is fine with me. In no rush to do this project. Just let me know when you have time :)

Decided to go with a custom cut black acrylic from TAP Plastics instead of cutting and painting the one from Home depot and starting to make the teeth. Heres how it looks so far
P1000679.jpg

If you want a standard black 10 gallon wood stand... I have one for FREE... I need to get it out of the house... In good condition... bought from PetCo.

Thanks for the offer Jimmy, but I dont have room for it. The only place I can put my tank is on top of my computer desk... ): hence the reason why Im doing an AIO instead of a sump setup... ):

Finally got the chance to transfer tanks over. Was going to use the CPR skimmer, but decided against it.
Heres how it looks right now. Looks alot cleaner than before. Wish I could go to the BAYMAC, but i got 2 pages of term papers to write.. =/
P1000690.jpg

P1000689.jpg

I'm sorry to say that your gorgonian is a Acalycigorgia sp. aka the "blue berry gorg", which is notoriously hard to keep even in azoox tanks with constant feeding. If you don't want to see it slowly starve to death, maybe consider donating it to Steinhart.
Just one of the reasons why it is important to research a coral BEFORE you buy it ;) Beside the gorg the tank is looking great!

Yeah I had to find out the hard way... LFS told me it was a photosynthetic and easy to keep that's why I got it...
Thinking of selling it out. Just received a photosynthetic gorg in the mail today

Back