Jestersix

10g Nano Reef Tank

Hello!
I took some photos of my tank last night and thought I would post them here. I'm still not happy with the positioning of the rock and I'd like your input. I ordered a black and white ocellaris and some more astrea snails today. This is a 10 gallon tank with:
-36W 50/50 PC light
-a red sea nano filter
-a mini-jet 404 powerhead
-heater and thermometer
-about 8-9lbs of live rock
-3 nassarius snails
-1 astrea snail
-2 margarita snails
-1 pyramid snail, the guy at my lfs called him this, but he looks like a turbo snail, not like the photos of the pest pyramid snails I saw online
-3 blue leg hermits plus lots of spare shells so they hopefully wont attack my snails
-1 fire shrimp
-2 zoa frags, one green monster and one pink something
The tank:
P1030501-1.jpg

The Fire Shrimp hiding:
P1030512.jpg

The zoas (I had just topped off the tank, so they hadn't all opened back up yet):
P1030504.jpg

P1030520.jpg

I just bought the zoas last Saturday. They are my first corals. I have glue and putty coming in the mail to attach them to my rocks. They are on plastic plugs, I hope they aren't too hard to cut down. I don't want the plastic plugs to show when I attach them.

looks good..... it will be addicting. all i can recomend now is you pay the 20$ become a full member and reep the benifits of this awesome club

btw, welcome and enjoy the forums

You should find that a dull blade pressed between the frag and plastic disk will break the glue hold and remove the plug from the frag. Use a twisting grip on the blade to pry the frag loose. Go slow as the frag could break apart if the material is softer than the glue, providing mini frags!

With zoanthids wear gloves and eye protection they have some potent chemicals used for defense. If the frag does break up, the zoanthid might not tear apart. Having a razor blade within reach would help cut the tissue.

Looks like a pipe organ skeleton in the front right. I have a live frag if you would like it. Grows fairly fast without becoming a weed later. Moves around in the current like a soft coral.

eldiablosrt8 and newhobby, I prob will become a full member. This seems like a good group of hobbyists.
yard artist, thanks for the great advice and warm welcome. I will definitely try what you suggested! Yes, it is an pipe organ skeleton. I would LOVE a live frag. Would my light be enough for it? 36W over a 10 gallon is pretty low.
A_Lee, the background was sagging and its shiny. I didn't notice it till I posted the photo. I've fixed it, lol

I have 96W PC over a 24 inch deep tank and I have kept them near the bottom to the top of the rock work. Once you join, PM me and we will work out a pick up.

Back