Cali Kid Corals

10g Nano

Alrighty all, finally time for a tank journal! The set up has been up and running over a year but I never put too much into time or money wise. I want to change that. My last build was 62 Gallon and I'm starting to miss the size and possibilities but I want this tank to be full an flourishing before any upgrades.

Tank is a basic 10 gallon
Filter is a Aqueon Quietflow 20 HOB
Powerhead is a Hydor PIco 180
Light is an generic 165w LED from ebay
Heater is Aqueon as well
And thats it!

Pretty utilitarian right? I don't mean to come off cheap or frugal. Its just a bare bones system which is perfect for a nano IMO.

Live stock is:
2 little ocellaris clowns
1 bicolor blenny
1 Hi-fin Banded goby and pistol shrimp pair.

Coral is a mix of softies and some LPS
mostly zoas, mushrooms, a colt, pipe organ
Lps are a few Acan colonies, a golden torch, and a "Jack O'Lantern" Leptoseris which I just added a couple weeks ago and would like anyones opinion on because I feel its less colorful than when I got it.
Any feed back is much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7275.jpg
    IMG_7275.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_7278.jpg
    IMG_7278.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_7282.jpg
    IMG_7282.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_7286.jpg
    IMG_7286.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_7289.jpg
    IMG_7289.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_7290.jpg
    IMG_7290.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 263
With the current livestock that you have, I would suggest moving up to a 20 gallon at least, 40 breeder if you can swing it. The fish will start to feel crammed once they get bigger. Other than that, everything else looks good!

40 breeder would be great if you have the space. 10 is really to small for what you have. if you can do a 40 get a protein skimmer to go with it

As other have said above Bigger is Better.... I would checkout local pet store for $ a gallon deal and craiglist to get a bigger tank. I would also recommend to get 50 gallon Rubbermaid tub and use it as a sump.

Back