Neptune Aquatics

10th SF Tank Tour - Sunday Nov 8th

Apon

Supporting Member
Well its been a year since I did one of these, but I think its time. (And Enderturtle is asking for one) I am thinking early November and I am trying to work out this date with JAR since he has the nice place for the potluck. I need to confirm with him.

First I need to see who will be interested in showing their tanks. So please respond here if you can. I think we need at least 5 tanks to make worth it. I will pick a date depending on availability of folks.

For those who have not gone to this before you can click on

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/9th-sf-tank-tour-2014-nov-9th-sunday.17407/
and
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/8th-sf-tank-tour-2013-sunday-nov-3rd.15761/

Its always been a good time with a good group of people. We usually go from 11am to about 4pm or so- with a potluck or something.

Although this is NOT an official BAR Event - I want to open it to around 20 current supporting 2015 BAR Members....priority RSVP will go to people showing tanks and paying members. If you are not a paying member you can still sign up, but ones that are will get first spots. We have always ran out of room before. I will have to see how much interest or help I get to organize.

Again - This is NOT a club sponsored event - so all complaints/questions go to me, not the club.

please respond with this format...you guys know from before : )

Updated - 11-2 We still have a few spots open.

Nov 8th - Sunday looks like the date that works for most folks.....Lots of other stuff going on this month.. Please update the tread if you need to change your status/rsvp.

Real Name / BAR handle / Showing vs viewing /Potuck item?/Date ok?
example
  1. Arnold / Apon / ***Showing 120 mixed reef tank and 30 zeroedge tank / Dim Sum
  2. Jill/ Ahruk/ viewing/ Whatever we need/ anyday but november 14-15/ Potluck item????
  3. Michael/ enderturtle/ viewing/ bringing yummy food dont know what yet/ Potluck item????
  4. Mike/ coral reefer/ ****Showing (for real this time, kitchen remodel is done and tank is starting to get taken Care of again!) Potluck item???? Drinks was it?
  5. Jon /jonmos75/viewing/Cajun pasta salad/
  6. Jon +1 (Wife)/jonmos75/viewing/Cajun pasta salad/
  7. Lev / Lev Ingman / Viewing / Chips and Dips?
  8. Winfield / @@wpeterson / viewing / Burgers or potato salad
  9. Matt / mattcoug / viewing / costco's butter croissant
  10. John / aqua-nut / viewing / cookies
  11. Mike/sfsuphysics/viewing/ Sausages
  12. Jon /JAR/ ******Showing/ Hosting potluck ( Abalone)
  13. Wilfred/Wfong **** Showing 120 gallon fully stocked acropora SPS tank : 24 gallon montipora , anemone tank :5 gallon zoa and paly tank./ Garlic Noodles
  14. Wilfred's Wife
  15. Scott Sweet/Scott Sweet/Viewing/Drinks

16. .
  17. .
Waitlist

Drops
  1. Nathan +1 / @@naterock101 / OUT - open spot
  2. Corallus - can't do first 2 weeks on Nov - I'll leave here incase he changes his mind and we get final date. - I am guessing OUT - open spot
  3. Anh +1/ - Can't make the 8th - Out now
  4. Gusty/ Anathema/ On Call - probably out (flexible)/ Salmon fillets /14-15 or 28-29
  5. Nav / @@Nav / Viewing / Not sure yet (maybe pizza) / Potluck item????
  6. Merith? Plus 1? Out

Last edited:
Mike/ coral reefer/ showing (for real this time, kitchen remodel is done and tank is starting to get taken Care of again!) maybe viewing as well if I can get wife to watch baby/
Not sure on potluck, probably drinks including coke zero for apon if I can make it!/
Right now all dates are the same for me, hopefully I get to leave the house! No known conflicts other than steinhart tour, but baby...hopefully I can find out ahead and get wife to watch her

Last edited:
Great more sign ups. Please fill out with the format guys. Mike and Gusty..: )

Real Name / BAR handle / Showing vs viewing /Potuck item?/Date ok?

funny I used to include the Steinhart as part of the tank tour long ago. That way folks didn't have to drive to SF area twice.

stopped because folks said if they paid for steinhart it would be nice to stay longer there, vs rushing out to view home tanks.

Going to be out of town the first 2 weeks of Nov, otherwise I'd volunteer to have folks come by - and I'd follow along for sure.
Not sure how popular a tiny little tank on the tour would be though...

Nathan +1 / @naterock101 / viewing / dessert of some kind / anytime but 11/7 or 11/14-16

Our tank is definitely not the nicest tank in this group considering we've moved it three times in a year (and it's hard!) but we'd be happy to show it and our crazy dexters laboratory were we are building FishBit. (In Presidio Park.)

Back