Jestersix

1100 Gallon Salt Water Aquarium System

I am a Broker/Realtor who has a very special tank installed into this home. I am trying to find the perfect buyer who will appreciate this amazing set up. Take a look and share your comments and suggestions on how I can find someone for this great property.

Attachments

• 6389 Elverton Dr Oakland CA-large-027-59-DSC 0706-1500x1000-72dpi.jpg
    6389 Elverton Dr Oakland CA-large-027-59-DSC 0706-1500x1000-72dpi.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 301
Beautiful tank! You might find a buyer here if the price is right. But first, you must be a supporting member to use the buy/sell/trade forums.

We are hoping to sell the house with the tank in it it is so unique and such an over the top improvement I am trying to find someone who will appreciate it and not a buyer that wants it torn out.....seems like it would be a shame to tear it out

That’s a tough one. Reef tanks are a such a niche hobby that require a solid amount of knowledge to jump into. I wish you the best of luck!

Beautiful tank! You might find a buyer here if the price is right. But first, you must be a supporting member to use the buy/sell/trade forums.
ok what do I need to do to do that I had posted in a national forum...which those members suggesting trying to find a local group so I found this one....the seller invested thousands of dollars in this one of a kind set up I am just trying to find an audience who will appreciate it....and maybe some suggestions on how to find a buyer with a property that has something like this

Also, our focus here are reef tanks, not realty. I would suggest posting what equipment comes with the tank, dimensions of tank, what livestock it has in it, how long it has been up and running, etc, to gauge more interest

I have limited knowledge and am not in the hobby myself so here is the best I have....the main tank is 805 gallons, with a 300 gallon salt water mixing station with full life support....I have the plans....but cannot upload them, it took 18 months to build.....so really it probably was finally finished just in the last 3-4 months the owner has only owned the home for just at 2 yrs he clearly had no intention of selling...his job has taken him away it was designed by Tenji Inc.

Also, I would suggest learning the basic terms of reefing, and learn the equipment. Might help you be able to discuss such a nice aspect of the home with customers who may or may not know anything about saltwater tanks

I should be back down there on Sunday I was watching the weather to see if it will be decent so I can hold it open...this again over the top improvement is not anything like I have ever seen before or any of the agents that have come through that home have either....I am doing my best to find the people who can appreciate what it is....but again this in an improvement that I have never seen in my life so I am trying to search out the people who have suggestions to try to find someone who can appreciate this improvement. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

The chance of finding a buyer looking in that area at that price point who also happens to be an advanced saltwater enthusiast is approaching zero I’m afraid.

That said, you definitely are in the correct forum for such a group of people.

The more likely scenario is that you will find a buyer for the home and then the seller will need to post the tank, equipment, livestock out for sale separate from the house.

The chance of finding a buyer looking in that area at that price point who also happens to be an advanced saltwater enthusiast is approaching zero I’m afraid.

That said, you definitely are in the correct forum for such a group of people.

The more likely scenario is that you will find a buyer for the home and then the seller will need to post the tank, equipment, livestock out for sale separate from the house.
Perfectly worded post! I couldn’t quite find the right words lol

Perfectly worded post! I couldn’t quite find the right words lol
Well my job is to find that special one....so I am trying.... I understand that I am fighting an uphill battle here......but I have to try :) If this was your investment I would hope you too would pick a realtor who would do all they could to get this special improvement to someone who could appreciate it :)

Last edited:
A lot of people would think big fish tank = mold problem, not trying to make your job harder, I think you would have sold the house faster with that tank out of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with the posts above saying that it would be better to remove the tank, turn the fishroom into a closet (or bathroom), and then sell the house. Or sell as is with the understanding that the buyer will tear out the tank.

I don’t think there are many reefers who would buy a house because of the existing built in reef tank “perk.” The price of building that custom reef tank is peanuts compared to what the home will ultimately sell for. I don’t think I would spend the time or effort to try to find Reefer who would pay market rate for that home and tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With everything that has been said, if you STILL decide to try to sell house with tank, write down the livestock and equipment list. I would feel uncomfortable buying such a large system if I don’t know what it comes with, and the seller has no idea about any of the equipment

With everything that has been said, if you STILL decide to try to sell house with tank, write down the livestock and equipment list. I would feel uncomfortable buying such a large system if I don’t know what it comes with, and the seller has no idea about any of the equipment

Maintenance cost + average running cost monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back