got ethical husbandry?

2.9 pico build

I currently have a 10 gallon reef tank right now but since I have to transfer schools in a year, I wont be able to take that with me and my parents would be too busy to maintain it. So I decided on downgrading to a pico tank and get some money back on the equipment that I dont need for the 10. Got the 2.9 rimless from aquatic central the other day while picking up some marco rocks from a guy on craigslist.
P1000795.jpg

The next day the LED lights came in. Its a (6) 3w LED. 3 RB and 3 CW Crees with 80° lens. Would this be enough for SPS? How high should it be from my tank does anyone know?
P1000796.jpg

Yesterday and the day before I was unsatisfied with how the marco rocks looked; it was simply too big for me. So I smashed it into small pieces and glued/epoxied them together. I'll take a picture later of how it stands...

Finished aquascaping and here is the results. I tried to have ledges for some acros and birdsnest. I plan on either filling the tip of the bridge with either zoas or some GSP.
P1000803.jpg

And my LEDS
P1000805.jpg

Anyone know how high I should put it above my tank?

my guess would be 3- 6 inches above the tank....but I am not sure what you plan to grow in the tank.

Cool. Thanks everyone for the input.
Just got back from lowes for supplies for the light canopy and the fixture.
On side note, does anyone know or can cut granite?
I have the granite tile, just dont got the saw...

Worked on getting the heat sink and all the brackets for it to connect to a EMT pipe today and here are the results. I tried to go for a slim look so when I construct an acrylic box around it, it'll have the slim profile

P1000809.jpg

Anyone with a granite cutter or saw?

GSP at 'the tip of the bridge' will soon lead to a GSP bridge which... yanno the drill. What are you going to do for flow and how are you going to keep parameters stable enough for acros etc?

Thanks.
Worked on the stand today. Not finished because I'm going to have white acrylic going around the stand and the granite just like what I did with the canopy.
P1000836.jpg

I got it from Aquatic Central. There were some other LFS that carries it. Dragon city or something but that was couple months ago. I think they closed now; not completely sure. Theres a guy on craigslist that is selling them too I believe.

Just a teaser :)

Finally got the LEDs to work again. Wires were tucked inside the EMT piping for a cleaner look. Decided on removing the optics as this tank is pretty shallow. Waiting for the canopy's slash and evaporation shield to dry. About to do some final touches then its water time.

P1000837.jpg

Back