2018 BOD wants you!

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Coral reefer, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We have a new Vice President @Wlachnit , and the rest of the seats are filled by the same people. This is good (stability/experience), and bad (burnout). We had hoped that Jon @Flagg37 was going to fill my presidential palace, but the lure of Colorado stole him from us. As such, I am president one more year. THIS WILL BE MY LAST YEAR AS PESIDENT wether the club has a president next year or not. This is up to us all to decide. I love this clubs and want to see it survive and thrive, I don't have the time to be president anymore. Jon had the luxury of a year on the board before he was going to take the reigns, which was a good plan I believe. It would be smart for a prospective future president to join the board now so they can learn the ropes before having to be in charge. And not just a future presidential hopeful would make sense, but anyone who wants to get their feet wet with less responsibilities would be welcome. We still have an open seat or two for anyone interested in this type of opportunity. @tankguy is going to remain on the board as a helpful member at large with experience to help me do what I don't have time for and to help will learn the Vice President gig. Thanks bob!

Hopefully this awesome club will have plenty of members step up to take on BOD roles now, and certainly in 2019, you will be needed.

We are hoping to broaden the base of people able to work on the forum in the near future as well, so if this is something you would like to help with, stay tuned for a thread asking for volunteers once we have figured out how to distribute the load in an efficient way.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

I’m still interested in help with forum backend, only if we really have access to the credentials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Bump.
    Nobody wants to help out with the club? Would really be smart to get your feet wet while there are people on the. Used with experience to help get you up to speed rather than wait until we resign and have to jump in cold....
    Can lead a club to a tank, but can't force them to...maintain it?

fishdoctor likes this.
  4. tankguy

tankguy BOD

As Mike has said this is his last year as president and Will has takin over my role as VP. At the end of our next term I will also be stepping down from the BOD. The club always needs new blood and new ideas. It really isn't that difficult to do. In the meantime I can help you get involved so the club can continue. We all enjoyed so why not help shape its future

fishdoctor and Coral reefer like this.
  5. capescuba

capescuba Guest

I don't mind helping out again, let's chat about some options ...

Wlachnit and Coral reefer like this.
  6. Kim Pattison

Kim Pattison Supporting Member

I am always willing to help out but the valley is a bit far.

Coral reefer likes this.
  7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I think you're a great fit for verifying bonus/ultra round corals for the members only swap. Experience has shown that. If you'd like to talk about anything you can help with feel free. Wed love to have you do the bonus/ultra check in again tho!

tankguy likes this.
  8. Kim Pattison

Kim Pattison Supporting Member

Im in. Also will donate clowns to the raffle.

Coral reefer likes this.
  9. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Kim was a tremendous help to me at last years members swap for deciding what was bonus round and what was not. I would not have done to well without her help

10. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

I would love to help, but I have always been told "I don't play well with others" sad but true:( Perhaps something behind the scenes??

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Maybe focus on organizing one event you'd like to see happen or a tank tour? Those are helpful and require minimal teamwork.

12. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Vice President

Dave, that’s great. I’ve got some thoughts as to how you could help. Stay tuned.

capescuba and Coral reefer like this.
  13. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Webmaster

anyway i can help.

14. NelsonCh

NelsonCh Supporting Member

Could fill me in on what the club needs help sometime and I can see what I can do. Ive been reading posts hours on end but the more I read... the more I realize... I know nothing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I think being on the bod is more about management then about actual reefing knowledge.