Kessil

375 gal WLRSO

euod

Supporting Member
Finally upgrading my 180 gal glass tank to 375 gal plexiglass in hoping to provide more swimming room for angels and butterflyfish. As many of my Chaetodontoplus angels in the 180 got bigger through the years they were running into the wall. There were many hesitations on the upgrade because glass is much clearer and the tank was doing well. Of course, to rip out the existing tank and setting up a tank twice the size is a challenging task. However, with the help of the BAR community it has been less stressful and makes the journey rewarding in term of sharing ideas and creative visions.

Last edited:
My 180 dismantled the day before the move
image.jpeg

In the years I've had acrylic... I'm super wishing I had a random orbital sander to do that pre-tank sand down. You can even get all the super fine grits up to 15000 for them too now, would have saved my arm some serious pain.

In the years I've had acrylic... I'm super wishing I had a random orbital sander to do that pre-tank sand down. You can even get all the super fine grits up to 15000 for them too now, would have saved my arm some serious pain.

Pretty darn useful with the Micro-Mesh 5" discs. For the Novus part a right angle RO buffer or a VS right angle grinder works wonders; if it works on shiny car paint it works on acrylic.

Sweet!
But those pictures? All I really see is a reflection of your garage. Full tank shots!!
:)

What is the plan for the tank? Mostly fish?

Suggestion: Buy a small sheet of thin 1/16 plexiglass, and put it in the tank, right next to the front
for protection while doing initial aquascaping.
Most of my big scratches were done in the first few weeks.
You need cheap/simple protection you can see through.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not really.
Just a slight leak on the gasket that I just fixed today.
Ok, I'll just say it, "Uncle!":)

Working on this aquascaping now :)

Back