Our mission

7th SF(area) tank tour...... Sept 25th

Apon

Supporting Member
Its been a while since I did one of these, but I think its time. Maybe in Sept? First I need to see who will be interedted in showing their tanks. So please respond here if you can. I think we need at least 5 tanks to make worth it. I am thinking Sunday is better...at least for me. I will pick a date depending on availbilty of folks.

For those who have not gone to this before you can Search on http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8754 for old pics and info. Its always been a good time with a good group of people. We usually go from 11am to about 4pm or so- with a potluck or something.

Although this is not an official BAR Event - I want to open it to around 20 current 2011 BAR members....priority to people showing tanks. We have always ran out of room before. Sometimes we include a Store tour as well or a Steinhart tour. ( check out older threads). I will have to see how much interest or help I get to organize.

Real Name / BAR handle / Showing vs viewing

example
1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank and 30 zeroedge tank

Again - This is not a club sponsored event - so all complaintsquestions go to me, not the club.

Coral reefer mike viewing. Willing to show if there aren't enough nicer tanks. Mine has been in better condition than it currently is before, hopefully sept will be time for me to have it doing great again

If we are short on tanks to view I can show mine. This still depends on my work schedule though. I am free the weekends of 10-11 and 24-25. You have to promise not to make fun of my light hangers though!

Arnold I'll know when I get some free time to scrape at the coraline algae :D Am I imagining that date? I thought it said October last time... but a month to clean coraline, should be doable, and if it isn't... then you don't look through one side of the tank.

Also my basement is in shambles a bit, so viewing might be fine, but a place to relax and eat food no way.

nope, Mike always been sept...benn talking to JAR about starting and lunch at his place again so no worries on food area. thanks

bump- still looking for 1 or 2 more tanks to show- hopefully in Marin or SF ad it seems we will be in those areas. Other areas offered were Palo Alto and Berkeley area as well.

Jon (JAR) can we start at your place again? Potluck Lunch there as well? Please let me know.

Arnold

OK good responses so far...let me through out a date so far to see if it will work for people

Sunday September 25th?

Real Name / BAR handle / Showing vs viewing

1.) Arnold/ Apon / Showing 120 mixed reef tank and 30 zeroedge tank
2.) Jon/ JAR / Can show in Marin area
3.) Mike/ sfsuphysics / Might be able to show in SF
4.) Coral reefer /mike /viewing. Willing to show if there aren't enough nicer tanks ( tank doesn't have to be super nice, its up to you if want to show, I always someting new from seeing other people tanks/ideas)
5.) Bennett / bee505 / Viewing
6.) Gusty /Anathema / Viewing - might be able to show tank
7.) Gregory/ GDawson/ Viewing
8.) Jess / Treylane / Showing 100g softies+sps reef - can show in Palo Alto...might far but we will see.
9.) Eileen/ raddogz/ Available in Oct. show or viewing?
10.) Chris/ LordHelmet/ wouldn't be a tank without him on the list : ) for a little while

Back