High Tide Aquatics

Yet another upgrade.

Looks cool! What’s with the glue and the sand? Why use sand?
So from what I saw on a YouTube video they smashed up Marco rocks into dust and it would do the same. So I hit up the guy who made the video and said I can use Agra at sand. Actually it was a video that someone posted on this. But aperently rock dust/sand create a chemical reaction where it becomes solid in seconds.

Love how it looks.
Hey you were right about the pink emarco I love how it looks after adding it to reenforce it.
C82AC2A2-4963-4D36-83F1-FF169BC9CDCD.png

Also should I start a separate journal for this?????????? I think there is some confusion thinking that I don’t have have the other tank running until everything is fully transferred.

Thanks I sat in front of my tank and just mesmerized on how the fish swim through all of that. But for some weird reason I’m a little disappointed in parts of it. I think once I switch the two pieces it will look better.
Just keep adding rocks until you like it! You have a great start going! Throwing ideas out, use the two sculptures you have as either side of a rock mound in the middle, or have them in the middle and build up the edges to make side walls, while leaving space to clean the glass. Alternatively, one or two huge rocks to make a big island for zoas/gsp

Also should I start a separate journal for this?????????? I think there is some confusion thinking that I don’t have have the other tank running until everything is fully transferred.
It's your journal, do whatever you want! Have fun, just keep posting pictures, I love to see the progress!

Just finished the rest of the aquascape upgraded my skimmer to a red sea rsk600 i jumped the gun a little to early thinking my skimmer was not working. I though i left it long enough in the citric acid bath but futher inspecting in needed more time getting soaked. I know big Rookie mistake. At the end of the day i am beyond happy with the outcome of the aquascape. I will be adding little islands here and there to fill in some of the gaps.

Just finished the rest of the aquascape upgraded my skimmer to a red sea rsk600 i jumped the gun a little to early thinking my skimmer was not working. I though i left it long enough in the citric acid bath but futher inspecting in needed more time getting soaked. I know big Rookie mistake. At the end of the day i am beyond happy with the outcome of the aquascape. I will be adding little islands here and there to fill in some of the gaps.
Some of your fish are totally loving the aquascape!

I would challenge that so long as the skimmer is mechanically sound (i.e. the pump makes no extra noise and the skim chamber is clean), you don't need to get everything off in the citric acid and the skimmer will work fine. I don't really know what you would hurt there.

I really like your scape, great swimming spaces for the fish, interesting shape, and plenty of room for corals to grow. Nice work!

I would challenge that so long as the skimmer is mechanically sound (i.e. the pump makes no extra noise and the skim chamber is clean), you don't need to get everything off in the citric acid and the skimmer will work fine. I don't really know what you would hurt there.

I really like your scape, great swimming spaces for the fish, interesting shape, and plenty of room for corals to grow. Nice work!
Yeah i understand where you are coming from. It wasnt skimming properly with all the fish i have in there now you would think it be skimming like crazy. I guess the pump was just really dirty. And didnt realize to leave it over night in cotric bath instead of a few hours. But yes the aqua scape came out great just how i envisioned, now the hard part adding coral a more flow.

Back