Our mission

Acropower and RS AB+

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Are Acropower and Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ comparable in function?

I use AB+ when spot feeding once a week but I can’t see dosing it regularly because I hate the yellow color.

They are likely similar, though I believe acropower doesn't need to be refrigerated, so there has to be something different.

The yellow only lasts a few minutes... :D

I’m assuming they are. They’re just amino acids. To each brand their own recipe. Pick your favorite and roll with it.
I do not think these products are just amino acids.
Rs A and B are carbohydrate, amino and other organic nutrients. I do not know whats in acro power. But I thought it's mainly carbohydrates..kaybe am mistaken
When I ran redsea I dosed both a/b and acro power.
That being said, red sea do state that their ab program is complete and u should not need more alongside it

I do not think these products are just amino acids.
Rs A and B are carbohydrate, amino and other organic nutrients. I do not know whats in acro power. But I thought it's mainly carbohydrates..kaybe am mistaken
When I ran redsea I dosed both a/b and acro power.
That being said, red sea do state that their ab program is complete and u should not need more alongside it
I, too, dose both AB+ and Acropower -- my acros seem to respond well

Don’t let the yellow bother you... it’s temporary. I’m a fan of reef energy ab+. My corals seem happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would generally say they do the same thing but here are my notes:

Acropower is aminos only and IME will only raise nitrate levels. I don’t think amino acids are supposed to contain P so this makes sense to me, maybe the resident biologists/chemists can fact check this assumption @Wlachnit @JVU. So, good to use if you are trying to balance N/P.

Reef Energy IME will raise both N/P, and in addition to containing aminos, has fatty acids, carbs and “vitamins” whatever that means.

Also calling Reef energy yellow is an understatement, it’s like nuclear fluorescent yellow. The first time you use it you will think “oh no what have I done”

Damn, I hope Acropower only raises nitrates, last time I check nitrates were undetectable and phosphates where about 0.1 and really would like to not have to add nitrate just by itself if possible.

I would generally say they do the same thing but here are my notes:

Acropower is aminos only and IME will only raise nitrate levels. I don’t think amino acids are supposed to contain P so this makes sense to me, maybe the resident biologists/chemists can fact check this assumption @Wlachnit @JVU. So, good to use if you are trying to balance N/P.

Reef Energy IME will raise both N/P, and in addition to containing aminos, has fatty acids, carbs and “vitamins” whatever that means.

Also calling Reef energy yellow is an understatement, it’s like nuclear fluorescent yellow. The first time you use it you will think “oh no what have I done”
Agree! Amino acids are a plentiful source of organic N (which can metabolize to nitrate), but don’t contain any P (which could metabolize to phosphate). The amino part common to all amino acids contains the N.

I don’t know in practice the recipe for how much added amino acids would be expected to eventually raise nitrate, but in general you are adding it to the system with every dose.

I never noticed a difference in corals with Acro power or even me aminos. But AB+ makes the corals very happy. there are a lot of testaments to Acro power, but I just don’t get it.

It makes sense that they wouldn’t have the same coral reaction, since there are a lot more components in Reef Energy than there are in Acropower. RE has amino acids like Acropower, but also has carbohydrates, fatty acids, and vitamins.

Are Acropower and Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ comparable in function?

I use AB+ when spot feeding once a week but I can’t see dosing it regularly because I hate the yellow color.
If you don’t like the transient yellow color you could dose in the evening. Most corals prefer to eat then anyway.

Who doses both ive been thinking of getting ab been on acrop for a while now but don't really notice much? Does ap have to be refrigerated or can I put it on a doser

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AB must be refrigerated.

I’m happy with that because I want to have to think about dosing something like this to my tank before I do.

I also never saw any noticeable difference with Acropower

Back