Reef nutrition

ALERT: Heat Wave this week. Watch those temperatures.

heat-wave.jpg

Going to be hot today and this week in the Bay Area. Watch those temperatures. If it gets too hot, put a small fan on it. Evaporation = Rapid cooling.

7xNzC.png

I'm patenting this.

Jills 14 gallon biocube was at 82.5 degrees yesterday at 6:30PM

I put my little desktop fan on it to blow across the surface and it dropped to 80.5 degrees in less than 10 minutes.

Jills 14 gallon biocube was at 82.5 degrees yesterday at 6:30PM

I put my little desktop fan on it to blow across the surface and it dropped to 80.5 degrees in less than 10 minutes.

We bought a window AC during the last heatwave, which is the only thing saving my tank today.

Do you want to borrow a small high speed boxfan for the nano? I have two on our tank, but the AC is covering us now. Happy to loan one for a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OXZ0OU

I put a clamp on fan pointing downwards towards the water surface and it worked like a champ. Outside was 99 but tank never got past 79!

I've got my window AC for the living room where my tank is, but I found that switching to DC pumps made a big dent in tank heat for me. Even with the AC my tank's temp used to creep up.

The USB fan over my DT has kept my tank at 81 deg (when it was 95+ outside). The evap is crazy when the fans are on!

Haha nice.

What kind of window AC do you have? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, though i have to say this Summer has not been as intensely hot as last summer. Hmm but there's still August to deal with.

Back