Neptune Aquatics

all the way from las vegas

Hey everyone,
I live in Las Vegas now, but lived in San Jose for years. I have been doing Saltwater for around 2 years. I have a 125 gallon mixed reef, 24 gln aqua pod, and a 15 galn home for a blue spot jaw fish.
I am trying to get my buddy who still lives in Ca. hooked on this saltwater stuff, so i though i'd check out your club. I have included a link to my tank pics from my local clubs site.
http://www.vegasreefers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3686

Wow! all the way from LV! We were just there this past weekend for a wedding. Welcome to BAR :)

Beautiful tank! I looove your little yellow clown goby. I love gobies. The Yasha is great too! :)

well three months later and a lot can change..........looks like i might be headed back to Cali............My wife is headed back with a one way ticket on the 8th. As soon as she can find work and we can rent our house here, I will follow. I am hoping it wont take her to long. Just do to logistics i might have to sell all my corals here and start over once I get there......but we will see..........I will try and keep some of the higher end frags.....it just might be to hard and complicated though............

Well if you move anywhere near the bay getting high end corals wouldn't be a concern ;) Hopefully we'll get to welcome you back to the greatest state in the nation!

Yea California is the greatest, and we pay for the privilege to be here :(, but I wouldn't live anywhere else. I tried Florida for three months for a job, it was no good for me, too hot and humid, too many hurricane warnings, and get this fire warnings when the humidity would drop to like 20%, guess the swamps are flammable.

Oh yea if you do move to California live near the coast line cause I don't consider anything more than an hour away from the coast California, they are just the badlands, except for Yosemite, I have accepted the park as an outpost in the badlands claimed for California :p

thanks guys i am hoping to be back soon...........will sux to take the tank down ............but oh well.....I cant wait......she leaves in 7 days....................an i imagine the coral selection will blow my mind........I have already been checking out the stores on the net...............sure beats the 3 we have here

Well, hope all goes well with the work and the move. I might actually be driving down to LV sometime in Aug (earlyish I believe). If everything works out right, I could probably drive back a cooler or two full of your corals (you pack em up and everything, I'll just transport to the bay) No assumed liability :D

It might only be in my dreams I could be out of here anywhere close to early august.........thanks though...if it happens fast enough though and i might be able to utilize you i will let you know.

desertreefer said:
It might only be in my dreams I could be out of here anywhere close to early august.........thanks though...if it happens fast enough though and i might be able to utilize you i will let you know.

A friend a business partner of mine Frank Burr heads to Vegas monthly. I bet with a little urging and some cash he'd help get your stuff here. He's in Socal but drives here, Vegas, Redding and Phoenix all the time. Seems like every weekend he's driving at least a thousand miles :D

JAR said:
Nice set up and welcome! I like the aqua scape with the valley in the middle.
What kind of lighting is that?

Man where did the time go.....got a little busy.........thanks......I get a lot of great comments on my rock work. It's the artistic part of me.....I have had a few people let me set up theirs, even one fish store. I just look at it long enough and it just comes to me.......then it all fits together like a puzzle.

The lights are an aqua medic fixture........it alternates from 250w....150w....250w....150w....250w. It is a really nice light, gives you a lot of different variations you can do.....between bulbs spectrum and times on and off you can get a lot of different looks...............or you can just turn them all on and land a plane on the street...lol

Ya Frank.....he is the vp of the reefclub here in vegas........ and you know i dont know what kinda car Frank drives but I do hope it is very cummfy....lol cause he is a drivin fool

On a side note if you like to see sad things take a look at the link again.......although funny that with 99.9% of the stuff gone it still wasnt a bad reef

Back