Neptune Aquatics

An old project.

20180322_095336.jpg
20180322_101016.jpg
20180322_101327.jpg
Rainy day again, got to do, well nothing, battling a cold...
Dusted off an old tank, flipped the front up and there it sits the light set-up of the old 70G Peninsula. I received an LED driver and since I was working on fixing couple fixtures then why not? I used a 12v DC power supply to power some ebay LED strips in blue but decided to switch it for the spare, more proper LED driver. So it’s now set with the driver. Back in the day, I placed two DIY DE halide reflectors to be run by two IceCap 250w and those were sent to Brasil, to someone who could use them instead of the landfill. BUT I have two little things that, with a little work, would fit nicely in the space the retrofit reflectors sit now.

The LED’s are not powerful, just for moonlighting; the nicest moonlight effect used to come from that little black box in the middle; just a barely powered LED but when it was dark, a very subtle light would illuminate the rocks and have a sweet shimmer.

@ashburn2k so far to this date nothing.

I also found a Tunze Deco Rock that I bought off of a guy on RC, the pur hase was a bad deal for him and I guess somehow for me. Rock was shattered and a controllable old, brown 6100 had the cable peeled off right at the motor block; we ended up working out a deal where both of us were good with each other and with the partial refund I was able to buy a 6100 on craigslist that was posted for sale for months, many months and today I used, and to quote Mike @sfsuphysics “a crap metric ton” of Ice Gel glue, to glue the ceramic rock pieces back together; it worked! That means I need to go to the swap to pick one or two more IC gels.

Tunze Deco Rock back together as one piece. IC Gel all cured.
And of course the heck-o-ugly ATO not so bad looking now.
It was wired with an old white extension cord; all wires came out the bottom and some wire caps used outside the box to connect cables; cleaned it up a bit and cut two more holes on the sides for the replacing AC power cord.
Now I found an old AquaC waste collector along with a forgotten ATI Bubble Master 250.
Wonder if I should wire the waste collector with the float switch?...

20180321_165310.jpg

20180321_165330.jpg

20180321_101845.jpg

20180324_130437.jpg

20180321_101845.jpg

Back