Reef nutrition

Anemone box with magnets?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I have a breeder box that I'm holding my recovering CSB in. But my damn trochus snails keep dislodging the suction cups every day, so the box floats around and sometimes sinks to the bottom.

I want to get some box that has strong magnets instead. Anyone have suggestions of one that has good "ventilation" and strong magnets?

Screenshot_20221002-223859_Instagram.jpg

There are lots of options on Amazon though I don’t have personal experience. Unless you are intentionally putting it lower in the tank for lighting or some other reason, the hang-on ones seem like they’d be more reliable.

My suggestion is keep your floating one, and buy a magnetic feeding clip. The magnets should be strong enough to hold through the glass and plastic, will keep it in place, and then you have an extra clip that's generally useful. The two little fishies ones are for sure strong enough, since that's what I use for this purpose.

My suggestion is keep your floating one, and buy a magnetic feeding clip. The magnets should be strong enough to hold through the glass and plastic, will keep it in place, and then you have an extra clip that's generally useful. The two little fishies ones are for sure strong enough, since that's what I use for this purpose.
I do that. Just one set of magnet is strong enough to prevent dropping and moving.

I ended up ordering from PNW-custom. But I’ve had radio silence for 2 weeks now. Do you know if they’re still in business?

They were at CFM and seem active at most shows. I’d get on the horn with them.
I bought a few boxes and frag racks form them at the September CFM. The guy is super nice, so I am surprise you haven't heard from them.

Warning on leaving the flipper in there: if stuff crawls on it and gets stuck you will then immediately scratch TF out of your new tank :).

Yeah, nothing is touching that new tank glass that isn't thoroughly cleaned/inspected (as I do with all my tanks).

I think this flipper will get a little cleaning, but only one side is in the water and it's just the blade + small four points, so shouldn't be hard to clean. I also have a replacement blade waiting anyway for it.

They're still pretty active on social media, so I'll try reaching out there, but looks like they're not getting emails?

I've tried reaching out to pnw-custom through email and then on social media where they're very active, but I've been ignored. I also left a comment on their latest photo, and they promptly deleted it. I literally just asked if there was a better way to contact them regarding an order, and they deleted it!

I have done my best to be level and kind, but this really grinds my gears. Why can't they just say something to me. Even: "hey we're so busy, we value our customers, we'll get back to you soon" -- but no. They seem all about showing off their wares on social, but not actually fulfilling orders, at least that's what it seems like.

It sounds like some of you bought in person from them, so at least the company exists and isn't a total scam.

OK, I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company. Back on the hunt for another box. I could also just get some magnets. Any suggestions on saltwater proof magnets I can order?

They're still pretty active on social media, so I'll try reaching out there, but looks like they're not getting emails?
I've tried reaching out to pnw-custom through email and then on social media where they're very active, but I've been ignored. I also left a comment on their latest photo, and they promptly deleted it. I literally just asked if there was a better way to contact them regarding an order, and they deleted it!

I have done my best to be level and kind, but this really grinds my gears. Why can't they just say something to me. Even: "hey we're so busy, we value our customers, we'll get back to you soon" -- but no. They seem all about showing off their wares on social, but not actually fulfilling orders, at least that's what it seems like.

It sounds like some of you bought in person from them, so at least the company exists and isn't a total scam.
OK, I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company. Back on the hunt for another box. I could also just get some magnets. Any suggestions on saltwater proof magnets I can order?
Small business is hard, life gets in the way etc. I think @Srt4eric was in touch with them, maybe he has a suggestion for communication. Or just patience.

Small business is hard, life gets in the way etc. I think @Srt4eric was in touch with them, maybe he has a suggestion for communication. Or just patience.

I'm fine waiting if they responded, but zero communication and even actively deleting my request for help isn't something I can be patient on. Maybe they'll figure out a way to improve communication later, but I'm moving on.

I just ordered some from K&J as suggested by @JVU here:

I specifically ordered a few of these:

I haven't tried them yet myself though.

Back