Reef nutrition

Any local stand and canopy builder around here?

I remember that there was a local stand and canopy builder in the east bay but forgot the company or person. Any of you guys know if this person/company still builds stand and canopy and contact info? Or, if you know any other local builders?

I need one for my 120g Oceanic Tech tank.

Thx.

Max @ The Aquarium Showroom (San Jose) does incredible work. Well his cabinet guy Chris does the work but you get the drift :) There are several tank journals showing his work.

are you looking for something fancy? If your looking for something simple it's actually pretty easy to build. I'm in the process of building a stand for my 135 and it's easier then I thought it would be. I used RocketEngineer's DIY stand thread on RC for the frame and then let my Dad pick the molding and trim since it'll be at his house and pretty much assembled. Here are some progress shots.....total cost so far ~$100. $60 of it was for the nice plywood skin.

This allowed me to build the stand and fit any size sump in it, which was a 55 gallon tank. Let me know if you need some help.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3431.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3432.JPG

I have to problems of building my own - like I've done in the past. But, I'm just too lazy at the moment, after remolding the kitchen and living room, that i thought I'd inquire for pricing and maybe have it built.

Ed, what's happening bud...?

yup....i plan on building a 135 for my Dad 72x18x25, hence the stand shots above. As for the 120 itself, dunno if I want to keep it or I might just sell it after I'm done building the 135. I'll post a tank journal thread pretty soon though.

Yea, I'm might need a stand for my new tank later on. I want it short though, do you guys think they will build a short stand? About 1-2 feet tall?

Of course. I don't doubt they'll try to talk you out if it though as they are a pain to deal with if you ever want a sump, etc.

12g nano on a 1-2' stand? That would come up to just about mid torso on me. I'd have to sit down to look at the poor thing :(

Hi guys
I am a carpenter by trade (14 years) I built my own canopy and stand. I could build yours if you are interested.
Here are some pictures of mine> I stainedd with a dark custome made stain because my wife wanted the stand and canopy to match the dinning table and rest of the living roon furniture. I have a 40 gal tank.
My stand has a small cabinet on the side to storage supplements and other small bottles as you can see. I got tired of going back and forth to the garage to get the stuff and she did not want it all over the floor next to the tank.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/June 10 2009 028.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/June 10 2009 029.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/June 10 2009 030.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/June 10 2009 031.JPG

Looks good Gus.

Although I heard those words that every man cringes about... "... I want it to match the...."

Something about the color sensing ability of women compared to men that they can pick out subtle differences that men can not in colors.

Back