Kessil

Anyone disc golf?

I played the Golden Gate Park course once for my BIL's bachelor party just before lockdowns. I'd be up for a BAR disc golf round (with maybe lunch/dinner and drinks before or after).

I played on my college ultimate team, and still play pickup ultimate. I haven't played much disc golf outside of the course we made up on campus, but would be down for a reefer disc golf game!

I played on my college ultimate team, and still play pickup ultimate. I haven't played much disc golf outside of the course we made up on campus, but would be down for a reefer disc golf game!
Where’s you go? I used to play a lot. Went to UCSB. Played from 1999-2007 college and club.

I‘ve never played disc golf but always loved chucking a regular 175g disc.
I miss the weekend afternoons up at hippie hill throwing the frisbee around.
The golf course in Berkeley is in a most undesirable location unfortunately

It's a real shame... and the lake is a total disc magnet on some of the holes.

Used to play frizbee golf a bit long ago. Lot of fun.
Seems like nobody wants to play frisbee these days though. Hard to find big open spaces without tons of people.
My favorite was playing simple frisbee in the ocean waves though. It added a fun extra dimension of risk.

Fun fact: I played with some of the prototypes of the Aerobie with Alan Adler, the inventor. He was a professor at the time at my school.

Addicted, play almost everyday. Hit me up if you're looking to get a round in.

I play Aquatic Park in Berkeley about once a week or so. The city has cleaned up the area, but the wind is still extremely challenging.

Used to play frizbee golf a bit long ago. Lot of fun.
Seems like nobody wants to play frisbee these days though. Hard to find big open spaces without tons of people.
My favorite was playing simple frisbee in the ocean waves though. It added a fun extra dimension of risk.

Fun fact: I played with some of the prototypes of the Aerobie with Alan Adler, the inventor. He was a professor at the time at my school.
DISC GOLF

Here is Stockton we have quite a number of 18 hole Disk Golf
Oak Grove regional has 2. Gold and Purple courses.
Mickey Grove has one
And our local public golf course Swenson has one. Swenson has regular Golf, Disk Golf and Ball Golf (like soccer).

DISC GOLF
Someone has feelings about nomenclature ;) … To be fair, Frisbee is a brand, Disc Craft is the brand of disc currently used by college ultimate players (even though we often call it Ultimate Frisbee) and Disc Golf is the game. And this was my big take away from going to college.

DISC GOLF
When it started, it was officially called "Frisbee golf" and "Frisbee football"
Times change, names change. Now it is officially disc to avoid the brand name.
But it is correct to say I really did play "Frisbee golf"
But if I were to do it now of course, I would be playing disc golf.
:)

Back