Neptune Aquatics

Anyone have the new AI LED modules?

Anyone have the new Aqua Illumination LED modules and can talk about their ability to grow SPS?

After studying the electricity tiered system in Santa Cruz, I realized that I would save $40-$50 a month on electricity between using a 225W 36" AI LED system compared to 2x250W MH with 2x54W T5/LED supplements. This means that in 1.5 years I would recoup the ~$700 price difference between the two units ($1700 for the AI LEDs and ~$1000 for bluewave7 balast + 2 LumenMax Elites + 2 bulbs + 2 T5 kits or supplemental blue LED kit) and this is not even including the bulb replacement and possible chiller usage.

It seems that financially it makes sense to go with the LEDs - unless I am forgetting something.
Anyways, now the question arises: can current LEDs grow SPS - the money savings don't matter if my coral wont grow.

Any insight is appreciated - I am a lighting system away from having my first reef be born!!

Thanks!

Reef Koi corals uses them at shows, I'll see if he uses them at home. he'll be at BAYMAC. Cherry Corals also uses them at shows so I'll email Todd and see what he says :)

FWIW I think they'll be fine for many SPS.

Back