Cali Kid Corals

Anyone interested in Yellow Toadstool Sarcophyton?

Lyn

IMGP4138.jpg
IMGP4105.jpg
IMGP4107.jpg

I apologize for my junk camera that doesn't take accurately colored pictures.

This is my husband's favorite Sarcophyton. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in this IPSF Yellow Sarcophyton before I cut it up for DBTC. If there is sufficient interest, I will make frags, mount, and bring to the Feb. swap for pick up. :) It takes time to mount and heal up. Note that the skin of this Sarcophyton is yellow (although you can not see it well here), the polyps are tan with white/cream colored tips. (They are not as long as the flourescent Green Sarcophyton) :D

It grows best in Med-Med/High light. Grew from a < 1 in. diameter frag to 4-5 in. diameter in about a year (maybe a little more).

Please post if you are interested in this coral.

Will need at least 4 takers before I consider fragging this coral. I would like to frag it by the 14 of Jan. to give it a month to heal and grow. It will be happier and look better if it has time to settle down. :D

You got it Eric. :)

That is why my husband likes it so much. They have a flowing appearance with water movement.

1. Phishphood
2. Jeepboy
3. IBN
More?

BTW, the polyps glow under actinics. Kind of like how the color "white" glows under black lights.

Sure Joyce. :D

1. Phishphood
2. Jeepboy
3. IBN
4. Tapmorf
More?

I can easily make more frags of this coral if others wish to have a piece. Please request in this listing. :)

BTW, this coral needs iodine supplements.

Don't be shy people. :) I know there are some of you newbies out there who are too afraid to ask. Don't be. :D I used to feel bad about asking for corals, especially because I felt like I didn't have anything to contribute in return. Well, some really nice and generous members gave me a bunch of cool corals, and now I have thing to put back into DBTC. Besides, if you understand the whole DBTC concept, you will know that the only way to lessen the impact on the wild reefs is by sharing (or buying) tank grown stock. It really is a fabulous concept put into practice by this club. :D

This coral is moderately easy. (It's less picky than the flourescent green polyp Sarcophyton I gave away previously) Grows moderately large (not the best for really small nanos, unless you plan on fragging it often, or moving it into a larger tank when it outgrows the smaller one). Requires med.-med/high lights. Moderate flow around the coral. Does not like direct flow. Stable tank conditions - please have your tank going and stable for at least 3 months by the 14th of Feb. And it would appreciate some iodine supplementation. :) Please be a current BAR member and abide by the DBTC rules. :D Oh, and pick up at Feb. 14th Swap.

If you would like to try it, and can give it the level of care that it needs, go ahead and post your request. :) This offer expires 01/14/09 or when 6-7 frags are requested, which ever comes first. :D

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5834.msg74111#msg74111 date=1231823905]
This DBTC offer closes on Wed. the 14th of Jan.
[/quote]
[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5834.msg74683#msg74683 date=1231987782]
Final count:

1. Phishphood
2. Jeepboy
3. IBN
4. Tapmorf

Pick up at Feb. Swap :D (except phishphood)
[/quote]

Sorry Euphillia, this offer closed yesterday. Next time though...

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5834.msg74915#msg74915 date=1232073843]
Thanks blue. :)

How"s your Green polyp Sarc. doing?
[/quote]

the green is doing fantastic! i thought it wasn't going to make it bc it took 2 weeks before hte polyps decided to open up.

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=5834.msg74927#msg74927 date=1232076704]
[quote author=Lyn link=topic=5834.msg74915#msg74915 date=1232073843]
Thanks blue. :)

How"s your Green polyp Sarc. doing?
[/quote]

the green is doing fantastic! i thought it wasn't going to make it bc it took 2 weeks before hte polyps decided to open up.
[/quote]

Yeah, they can be finicky. If they are unhappy due to a move, water conditions, or dipping, they retract for a while. Almost like they are pouting. ;)

BTW, for those that receive a frag of this yellow one, It may do the same thing - retract it's polyps for a while until it gets used to your water conditions.

Back