Jestersix

Anyone want my Yellow and Purple Wrasse (Looks similar to Yellow Coriss Wrasse with a white/purple belly)

Hello Everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has seen these guys in any of the LFS. I was at Neptune today and they have one in a frag tank. I found these pictures online. Are they rare to find for sale around here? Thanks.

Scientific Name: Halichoeres leucoxanthus

bananaweb.jpg

bananaportraitweb.jpg

Yup, found it on Live Aquaria. They call it the Yellow and Purple Wrasse.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+2113&pcatid=2113

Thanks, Neptune Aquatics for bringing in this guy! Although, I'm now worried about acclimation because once I put it into my 90 gallon, my Powder Blue Tang and Melanarus Wrasse have been all over him... After about five minutes, he dove into the sand and has yet to be seen again. I'm hoping the Yellow and Purple Wrasse will become a little more established to be able to fight back and establish territory.. Otherwise, I have to figure out a way to get him out.

Any suggestions anyone?? Thanks.

Mike

Well looks like the Yellow and Purple Wrasse has ended up in my sump. My PBT and Melanarus Wrasse were just relentless and the little guy had nowhere to go other than into my overflow and down to the sump. I was wondering why my flow level changed in the display tank without making any changes.. Now I know it must have been the Wrasse stuck in the overflow drain pipe until he finally made it down into the sump.

The fish is fine, I just need to figure out how to get him out of my sump without making a big mess.

Does anyone want this fish? I've got him in my 10 gallon holding tank. He's healthy and eating pellets, etc. Looks just like the pictures above at about 2.5 inches long.

Willing to do trade for coral or quick and easy $10 (half of what I paid for him). Otherwise he'll go back to the LFS. PM me if interested.

Back