got ethical husbandry?

apex network issue....help

soo................ I just got my apex replaced due to not connecting to the internet. Neptunes sent a refurbished head unit, and guess what it connected to my internet with no issues. I was super happy that I was able to get my notifications and use fusion after being down for a few weeks. now two weeks later its not connecting to the internet anymore. I tried reseting the head unit holding 7 seconds so I can put it into network mode did the apex browse to the find the IP address so I can connect it manually to my wifi (which is full bars) and still stays blue even after it looked like it connected to my wifi. on the apex display it shows its connected to the network but not connection to fusion. I am running an Xfinity modem with gigabit speed, I am connecting wireless. I have added extra Xfinity pods for more coverage which also I have tried connecting via ethernet cord through the pod, I tried setting my apex to via ethernet cord connected through my Xfinity pod and nothing. when I plug in laptop and other things it work just fine. my laptop and iPad Pro is running at half a gig on test speed right next to the apex unit. nothing has changed at home in the last 8 month that would cause a signal issue, since setting up my first apex head unit until all of a sudden it stopped working. I set up the refurbished head unit exactly where my the other one was at and it worked fine until two days ago. at this point I am over it and frustrated investing all this money into this. I was told that if they send a replacement unit to me and if I had the same issue that its my internet but I don't think it is. I was expecting a new unit since I was still under warranty, could it be that I got a bad refurbished unit. just don't know what else to do and get into a never ending loop with Neptune tech support about it being user error or my internet connection. Ive already spent enough money fortifying my wifi signal to be told to go buy another netgear adapter. so hopefully someone has had this issue and was able to resolve. (by the way I know it requires and 2.4ghz and my password is impossible to misspell trust me. And the head unit also has someone else’s name written in sharpie in the back of it)

Last edited:
have you looked at your xfinity modem \ router logs to see if the IP has changed?

I designate a specific IP to my APEX because I've had issues where when my router cycles, sometimes dhcp assigns it a different IP and I can cause issues.
how do I set that up. I’m pretty computer savvy but for some reason when it come modem and router settings I could never get it right and do more damage then good.

The answer is "it depends". you need to know what teh MAC address of the Apex unit is first... (you don't but it's helpful otherwise you're guess at what IPs might or might not be it....)

Before you do that... log into apex unit and look at the network settings... see what comes up for Wifi and network options...

i gave up on wifi and pulled a ethernet cable direct to the apex. never had problem ever since.
Haha I feel the same. Not cause I’m incompetent just that if it has a plug for Ethernet this is always the superior connection. Avid video gamer so Ethernet or bust when it comes to reliability.

i gave up on wifi and pulled a ethernet cable direct to the apex. never had problem ever since.
I connect it through xfi pod with an Ethernet cord and nothing. I can’t run a cable through my kitchen. Just like how in the world does the wifi stop working after 7 months lol

Haha I feel the same. Not cause I’m incompetent just that if it has a plug for Ethernet this is always the superior connection. Avid video gamer so Ethernet or bust when it comes to reliability.
I feel you on that. But man my home network is so beefed up. I’m downloading big call of duty updates like 20gbs in like a few minutes at 400mbps and that’s on wifi in the back of my house.

Also my display shows it’s connected to my network with 100% signal strength. The quality goes from 100% and jumps down to 39%
13C5E077-B5A8-4E14-8DF8-23DE244517C5.jpeg

Maybe it’s a quality issue @ 39%? When u hard wired it, did you turn the WiFi off on apex?
Quality is constantly moving up down. Just don’t get it the damn thing is next to it.. Yes I did that also sometimes it will switch to orange if not it will just stay blue. But regardless doesn’t do anything.

Quality is constantly moving up down. Just don’t get it the damn thing is next to it.. Yes I did that also sometimes it will switch to orange if not it will just stay blue. But regardless doesn’t do anything.
I would experiment with unplugging the xpod next to it, taking the brain away from its location and plugging it in near the main router, hard wiring it to main router etc. you may be getting bounced from one pod to another when trying to connect it.

I would experiment with unplugging the xpod next to it, taking the brain away from its location and plugging it in near the main router, hard wiring it to main router etc. you may be getting bounced from one pod to another when trying to connect it.
Is there a way I can power the brain without disconnecting everything from my eb832.

you can power the brain via a USB port, and that should let you diagnose it in another area, I believe.

The brain has to be plugged back in the apex loop for it to control everything tho.

DO NOT CONNECT YOUR HEAD UNIT TO A USB DEVICE!

If it worked for 2 days then stopped, it could be a security setting on the router. I've seen instances where the router sees the Apex as a device that violates its protocols (usually because it is constantly sending data vs send/receive like other devices connecting to the internet) and blocks it.

Sent you a PM.

DO NOT CONNECT YOUR HEAD UNIT TO A USB DEVICE!

If it worked for 2 days then stopped, it could be a security setting on the router. I've seen instances where the router sees the Apex as a device that violates its protocols (usually because it is constantly sending data vs send/receive like other devices connecting to the internet) and blocks it.

Sent you a PM
Thanks! I had no idea this would be a problem. Hopefully Henry didn't follow my bunk advice

Back