Kessil

Aquaforest Reef Salt discontinued? Now what?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I can’t find any Aquaforest Reef Salt anywhere. Is it discontinued?

I hate changing mixes especially since my tank is pretty stable.

anyone know what happened? What do I change to?! Ugh.

Shortage. Just like other salts from oversea. We’re been waiting for our pallet for months now.

Thanks Robert. It's been over a year since I bought salt. I bought so many buckets during a sale that I haven't had to think about it until now.

I guess I'll probably need to go with another salt in the meantime.

OK, I just decided to get LiveAquaria salt. People claim it's Fritz, but they keep saying it's not? Either way, it seems to be available all the time. I also use Petco a lot for my dog stuff, and they have a nice rewards system, so I got the biggest sized bucket pretty cheap.

It says it makes 205 gallons, so it should last me about a year in my little tank.

Not an expert as I’ve only ever used instant ocean and Red Sea blue bucket, but I switched with no noticeable side effects, just find another salt that matches your current parameters best and just so your regular water changes if they’re not too big

I'm going to miss the insanely high Mg levels in Aquaforest. It's so high my Mg test kits can never test the levels, so I never need to dose. I might have to start dosing Mg... thank goodness I have one more DOS pump available.

I'm going to miss the insanely high Mg levels in Aquaforest. It's so high my Mg test kits can never test the levels, so I never need to dose. I might have to start dosing Mg... thank goodness I have one more DOS pump available.

No need to dose, just mix the Mg in with your salt mix to the level you want to replenish.

It's funny the way you said. post #3 and #4. Bought so many buckets when on sale for over a year, that make me thing you have 200-300 gal tank . Then a bucket of salt for 205gal mix will last for a year. It's just funny, nothing wrong. Happy reefing.

not sure where you ahve looked.. but BRS has some in stock?

AB90C621-97DA-4EC3-AC8B-BE30FA2878A3.jpeg

I got a bucket of it that is pretty much full that you can have. I tried it on a nano i had setup and decided to just stick with reef crystals. I'm in Vallejo and you're more than welcome to come pick it up if you like.

Back