got ethical husbandry?

Archohelia Rediviva

I finally got my 4 Archohelias I've been waiting for.

2 are OK with good white tissue and 2 that are receded (but not dead) still alive.... Need a lot of TLC I think... So I'm trying to get an automatic feeder for these things. I think what's best now is to place them in quarantine with mysis feedings daily. But I'm looking long term. I installed a AquaMedic doser with feeding ZooPlex. I'm not sure if that is meaty enough those.

I also got the most amazing Rainbow Blasto I've ever seen. :) Pictures to be posted in my Journal later :)

Any ideas?

Jason?

I have no experience with automatic feeding of non-photo corals... I suspect that you will need to have really optimized flow and have a very good flow situation that will keep all of the food suspended in order to make sure the archohelia gets enough food.

I cover my whole archohelia colony with a complete coating of crushed flake/small pellets/enriched brine/cyclopeeze twice a week. By cover, I mean the whole coral is drenched in food. The colony remains very healthy and has regrown some areas although I would be reluctant to say that I'm seeing much actual growth. (Branching, etc.) I have never seen the coral spit up any food. This thing is a very hungry beast.

I want rainbow blasto. Gimme. :)

Back