Kessil

Art Guzman's 72 Gal Bowfront

Ok so here are a few pics of my tank.
My first tank was about ten years ago. I think it was 20 gallons or so; that lasted for about a year and then I lost interest.

This time I bought a running tank off of craigslist and I've also been buying stuff from people that post there. Well that serves two purposes; save money in these hard times and do my part in not destroying the oceans' reefs. Plus I've gotten to meet a few very knowledgeable people.

This is how it was when I bought it.
img0838x.jpg

Here are a few shots.
img6721m.jpg

fuge1.jpg

goby8220667.jpg

img2939k.jpg

img2937m.jpg

img2965t.jpg

img2931r.jpg

img2930e.jpg

img2929i.jpg

img2926hbp.jpg

img29288529499.jpg

miamih0057055881.jpg

img29427549520.jpg

Lighting is 2 - 250W Double Ended HQI and 4 - T5's.
20 gal DIY refugium.
Marineland Skimmer
I dose with ESV 2 part every morning
I change 20 gallons of water prepped with RO-DI water and seachem reef salt every week give or take a few days.
I have an auto RO-DI water top off for evaporation

In the next month and a half or so; I will be getting my new 60x48x24 euro-braced starphire glass tank with custom built stand by a friend of mine that owns a cabinet shop. I want to keep the costs as low as I can (as if that's possible) because I have many other addictions that need my money! LOL

Thanks guys and I will be looking forward to suggestions once the tank arrives. ;)

Thanks Guys!

Robert, I was told today that the tank should be completed by next week but there is a cure time. I think that it might be about 1.5 months before I get the tank. LOL
I haven't been by to see you guys 'cause I kinda fell of a ladder...my back, neck and legs have been really hurting. I just go to the restaurants in the morning and chiropractor in the afternoon and back home to try to recover quicker. Being home doesn't seem to help too much since I have my car projects and can always find something to do...while moving a fender yesterday I popped a rib out of place and made things worse. :D :D

Back