Jestersix

Ashburn's 187g endgame II

Chromis

Supporting Member
I wonder if you could 3D print a thin piece of plastic that sticks out, kindof in an X pattern, to do the same.
Now that someone brought up the frag gripper product I guess you could make the same design integrated into the 3D printed frag rack.
CE634C97-D31F-489D-8301-8C6C8B1AA59F.jpeg

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
This, the acrylic heats a lot and melts as you drill it and releases nasty fumes, and you have to go slowly or it melts too much. It’s something I might tell my restless kid to go outside and drill 40 holes in a piece of acrylic except I’d worry about the fumes and the holes would not be straight. Tap plastics charges too much to drill holes though.

The buoyancy of the 3D print material would make a better mushroom/nem box though right?
Yes, better off as shroom box. But with some holes punched here and there, it’s sinking for sure and a few frags will just weight it down. I will design and make sure the infill is interjected so one hole will let water fill in the empty space inside. But so far so good.

Randyadammartin

Supporting Member
This, the acrylic heats a lot and melts as you drill it and releases nasty fumes, and you have to go slowly or it melts too much. It’s something I might tell my restless kid to go outside and drill 40 holes in a piece of acrylic except I’d worry about the fumes and the holes would not be straight. Tap plastics charges too much to drill holes though.

The buoyancy of the 3D print material would make a better mushroom/nem box though right?

variable speed drill press my friend. My old drill was one speed and had this issue. Also acrylic plastic looks nice and all but you get far better results drilling poly carbonate plastic.