Cali Kid Corals

Ashburn's 187g endgame tank

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
Originally I was looking for a 200g marineland DD, because my current 90g is 4 feet wide and I dont want to redo the layout of my frag tank. so my choice for bigger tank would only limiting myself to 4 feet tanks only.

Last week I inherited this amazing tank from @livingwaterplanet, unfortunately the stand wont fit the current location where I will be putting this bad boy in. so that stand goes else where where i can make the best use of it.

between my two jobs and already not a lot of free time, I hope to make the thank upgrade minimal time need, so the animals won't suffer in the brute. and small frag tanks.

progress picture coming soon.

Last edited:
^
This guy receives thousands upon thousands of dollars of free reef tanks, equipment, fish and corals through this club, then has the balls to sell broken reef equipment for money on the very same forum. SMDH

^
This guy receives thousands upon thousands of dollars of free reef tanks, equipment, fish and corals through this club, then has the balls to sell broken reef equipment for money on the very same forum. SMDH

How do you know? You are new here.

If you lack the balls to say it on your actual account. Ask Ashburn for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^

That’s really uncalled for. He is a very active member of the club and is always contributing. Not to mention he has offered his own personal time as an active webmaster, services he could offer elsewhere at a significant compensation.

Also it is not his fault that he has been the recipient of the clubs generosity, that’s the whole point of the club. I actually am the one who bought the reactor(only the extra reactor has a leak) for only $50 which is an absolute steal! I think that is a fine way to offer back generosity.

@ashburn2k I look forward to seeing this tank be developed

7cd9e9fc637c7df4696ce0f1b370ccb6.jpg

How about this beast for start? Excuse me the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m guessing you’re gonna use the 2x12? fastened to the wall to support some of the weight?
I hope not.
200g water + tank + equipment is pretty close to 2,000 pounds.
Looks like just simple screws holding that 2x12 to the studs.

But it would be good sheer support in an earthquake.

Yeah, I think different type of fasteners would have to be used

I hope not.
200g water + tank + equipment is pretty close to 2,000 pounds.
Looks like just simple screws holding that 2x12 to the studs.

But it would be good sheer support in an earthquake.

Back