got ethical husbandry?

ATL Blue tip green slimer

Thanks, Jeremy for the frags yesterday. Blue tipped green slimer, birdsnest, and pocci. Was a little bummed when I got home yesterday. Had done a 20% water change in the morning and when I got home my new pink Milli and the bronze milli from you looked bad. The pink one was shedding some tissue and yours was looking bad. Realised that I forgot to use prime after I produced my rodi. You need a special cartridge for chloramine, right? That I don't have. Anyway, added a few drops of prime to the nano and things perked up. The frags are OK.
Thanks again.

FYI you don't need a "special" cartridge for chloramine other than a carbon cartridge, however contact time is the issue, so usually 2 carbon blocks are recommended.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2750.msg30023#msg30023 date=1200274705]
FYI you don't need a "special" cartridge for chloramine other than a carbon cartridge, however contact time is the issue, so usually 2 carbon blocks are recommended.

[/quote]Much easier to get the cartridge than to add another canister.

My rodi has 3 cartridges, particle, carbon, and di in addition to the ro. Maybe wasn't smart and bought one used, a while back. So now I.m looking at replacing all filters and membrane and needing a cartridge for chloramine. What should I do? Do I need a four cartridge system plus RO? Should I just sell this and buy something new? Filter Guys? ??????? Thanks again

You should be fine with what you have.

What's your TDS? If you are low <10ppm your membrane is most likely OK, and all you'll need to do is replace your carbon. I like to replace my particulate more often and use a finer sediment filter to extend the life of the other cartridges.

[quote author=TimTen link=topic=2750.msg30036#msg30036 date=1200281816]
I would like to get in lline for a frag of this
[/quote]Tim, I still have one around I'll bring it to the swap

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2750.msg30040#msg30040 date=1200282905]
Final TDS is around 25, down from an incoming TDS of around 375.
[/quote]25 is a little high, may want to check your H2O pressure.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2750.msg30165#msg30165 date=1200356843]
Incoming water pressure is 60#.
[/quote]You may want to add an additional DI cartridge.

Here is a quick update. The frag I got from Jeremy is looking good. It's greened up nicely but doesn't have any blue yet.

ATLbluetipgreenslimer3.jpg

Back