Kessil

Audiophiles of BAR: Is it safe to store audio gear in the same room as a tank?

Hi all!
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD800s from 2018. I don't plan on upgrading them for half a decade (Heart says Stax, wallet says LOL) and I'd like to prevent them from rusting. They're stored on a shelf about 6ft away from my reef and 12ft away from my planted tank. Are they in any danger? I have my room window open for at least 4h/day for fresh air.
Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
I never had any issue with my headphones are audio gear rusting in the same room as my tank, but I vented my room. At the cost of those headphones, I'd store them in their bag with a silica gel packet, you can never be too careful :)
It would HURT to have to replace these.

I say it’s a possible risk.

Pure anecdote, but I have Sonos speakers throughout the house and the only one with sound quality issues is the one by my 200g tank, it is also next to my tank work area and Berghia farm. However, I also have one of my wall speakers for my TV surround system close to the tank it’s fine as far as I know (but it’s a surround speaker so I might not notice).

If your equipment is truly just being stored there, you could wrap it in a plastic bag.

Back