Neptune Aquatics

[Aug 5, 2017] Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market (Saratoga, CA)

bar_admin

Webmaster
Staff member
BOD
SV CoralFarmersMarket.png

http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/cfmprotour_siliconvalley_2017_summer.htm

Vendor Hall Open to Public Saturday August 5th [11:00 AM - 5:00 PM]

Online tickets are available for purchase, $5 per attendee, children 12 and under free.

West Valley College Campus Center
14000 Fruitvale Ave.
Saratoga, CA. 95070

There will be a BAR table. Stop by and say "Hi"!

boothmap_siliconvalley_2017_summer.jpg

My daughter's getting married that weekend. I tried to explain the importance of this event, but she wouldn't budge and insisted I be there. The struggle is real.
Well the CFM is from 11 to 5, nothing says you have to be at the wedding the WHOLE time right? Just excuse yourself to the restroom claiming the food did you in, run on over and spend an hour, go home drop your frags in the tank, then come back to the wedding covered in water and then quip then line "Man I really shouldn't have eaten the seafood". Totally could work!

Well the CFM is from 11 to 5, nothing says you have to be at the wedding the WHOLE time right? Just excuse yourself to the restroom claiming the food did you in, run on over and spend an hour, go home drop your frags in the tank, then come back to the wedding covered in water and then quip then line "Man I really shouldn't have eaten the seafood". Totally could work!

It's in Houston.

Ok, that makes it a BIT more difficult but it still can be done, it just will involve a lot of money.

First is it an early wedding? Or a late wedding?

If early no problem, you walk your daughter down the isle, say you're going to go lie down in your hotel room, leave a note that says went out for a walk, jump the first flight to SJC, do you're shopping hopping on the next flight to Houston and "Whew that was some fun walk I took" about 9 hours later.

If it's a late wedding you got some problems, and hopefully a few more dollars at your disposal, first you get someone plastic surgery to look like you, it doesn't need to be super good, just good enough that you have the "whoops I slept out in the Sun yesterday" burn on your face. This guy walks your daughter down the aisle, you do your shopping, drop your corals and rush to the airport, hop on a plane it's a 4 hour trip, and Houston is ahead 2 hours I think, so you'll have plenty of time to swap out for the toast, and maybe even the father/daughter dance!

I believe in you Bruce! See you Saturday :D

Being the father of the bride normally means - even if I did go to the CFM - I can't buy anything 'cause the women spent every penny I got on the wedding - Congrats!

Ok, that makes it a BIT more difficult but it still can be done, it just will involve a lot of money.

First is it an early wedding? Or a late wedding?

If early no problem, you walk your daughter down the isle, say you're going to go lie down in your hotel room, leave a note that says went out for a walk, jump the first flight to SJC, do you're shopping hopping on the next flight to Houston and "Whew that was some fun walk I took" about 9 hours later.

If it's a late wedding you got some problems, and hopefully a few more dollars at your disposal, first you get someone plastic surgery to look like you, it doesn't need to be super good, just good enough that you have the "whoops I slept out in the Sun yesterday" burn on your face. This guy walks your daughter down the aisle, you do your shopping, drop your corals and rush to the airport, hop on a plane it's a 4 hour trip, and Houston is ahead 2 hours I think, so you'll have plenty of time to swap out for the toast, and maybe even the father/daughter dance!

I believe in you Bruce! See you Saturday :D

This is inspiring! I'm not a coral quitter! I'll see you there!

Don't listen to them Bruce!
They will have you sleeping in the fish room for the rest of your days.
Your little baby girl deserves the BEST.
Sometimes, that means sacrificing as a parent.
Have a good time in Houston.
:)

Well I'm probably not going to go either. I'm in no way in any position to buy corals, in fact getting 3 corals for the frag swap might be problematic.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass. My tank is basically a holding tank for fish and a few easy to grow corals. Now that I think of it I might be able to get 3 if they count RBTAs as possible "corals" :D

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass. My tank is basically a holding tank for fish and a few easy to grow corals. Now that I think of it I might be able to get 3 if they count RBTAs as possible "corals" :D
Ok, we have a couple easy corals that we would be happy to give you if you ever want to add more to your tank.(otherwise they will probably end up on the free table of the swap.)
Cheers!

Mike, I thought you had some corals growing in your holding tank?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do, I have a bunch of rodactis mushrooms, a few sps frags (just frags though) from the last CFM that survived. I'm sure I can snip a frag of orange digitata off, and there might be another mushroom species to be honest I forget. But either way, RBTA would make a unique "frag" :D

Not gonna make it to this one either. No space really for anything that isn't a must have that I can't locate later if needed.

The frag swap is gonna be similar. Gonna bring more to that than I take home as usual, but might not even take anything home with me this time around.

I was lucky, youngest son's wedding was the 15th. Whew! Especially since I had already paid for my table... Bruce - hope the wedding is amazing - sure it will be.

Hope to see a bunch of BAR folks, stop by and say Howdy...

Back