got ethical husbandry?

Baby Blackfoot Trochus Snails

OK, please reply to this thread with how many snails you want and IF you can meet me in Mountain View this Tuesday afternoon before 6pm. I'll probably be hanging out at a cafe on Castro.

Roberto: Mountain View is pretty close to San Jose? I often travel from Cupertino to Mountain View and it's not too bad. Though "not too bad" is a relative term =)

Durwin, where in SF are you? I could bring them into work with me. My office is at 153 Townsend. I'm going to be out Friday, but will be in the office on Thursday.

I'll bring you a container full.

Do you mean this Thursday? That would be sweet if you'll be around this Thursday. Leaving for Hawaii on Friday for a week. I'm close to the ballpark on Berry St. so it's really close to Townsend.

Having some Cyano issue, anyone know if trochus eat cyano? According to liveaquaria they do.

Anyone close to Fremont can spread some to me?

ryanjiang said:
Having some Cyano issue, anyone know if trochus eat cyano? According to liveaquaria they do.
They seem to ignore Cyano in my system. Although I have little Cyano, and enough Algae, so it might
be just a preference thing.

rygh said:
ryanjiang said:
They seem to ignore Cyano in my system. Although I have little Cyano, and enough Algae, so it might
be just a preference thing.

Thanks! Seems nobody prefer Cyano, they are nasty.

I have mostly film Algae, and few patches of Cyano on sandbed at spots without good flow, I can not enhance flow to those spots because I have sugar grain sands, any more flow will blow them up, in my next setup I will definitely go for bigger grain sands, or go BB.

Anyone close to Fremont would spread few to me?

Heyo! I'm getting back into the hobby and want to see if I can get some trochus back from this same strain! It would be awesome to put a few trochus back in from my original tank at some point. Probably ready for them late September.

Anyone still have these?

Back