High Tide Aquatics

BABY RBTA Quadricolor

Hi,

Please check out my Tank Journal http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8170 and/or WTB/WTS/WTT - BST http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8169 Post regarding Baby Entacmaea Quadricolor.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=547
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=542
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=549

Please let me know if there is any interest out there.

Thanks for following my posts.

Happy Reefing Everyone.
Joel

Joel, not sure if it is your intent or not, but items placed in the DBTC forums are items you are giving out expecting nothing in return :) Your other post seems to indicate that you want to sell/trade which means this is a double post (which is discouraged), but it could be a DBTC thread. If so, check out other DBTC threads so that you can have your "ruleset" edited in.

If not a DBTC, please let me know if you want this thread removed :)

(and grats on the babies :))

Hi Tony,

Just saw this after responding with a question in your other post, Man you get around.

What do you suggest. Is the BST discouraged, or the double posting part or Both?

I would like to trade for some stuff, but if you think DBTC would be a good way for me to break the ice, I'd could consider doing it that way. Can you advise? I want the RBTA to have a good existence.

Thank you,
Joel

Thanks Jar,

Trying to find my away around in the dark is risky business. I read and appreciate your posts and contributions to the boards.

Joel

Don't break the chain (DBTC) is a hand off of livestock that you give to club members that will then propagate the livestock and hand it off to more members. Think a pyramid scheme for coral and other livestock, where everyone gets a piece sooner or later. DBTC Threads are meant for just that purpose and not for trading, which is why there is the Buy Sell and Trade forum. It is up to you to decide what you want to do with your livestock either give it up to the DBTC program or Sell or trade it.

Since in your post you have that you would like to trade your anemone the post belongs in B/S/T forum and not DBTC, which is why it was asked what you wanted to do DBTC or Trade.

Hi Erick,

Thank you for your post. I have a slightly better understanding.

Choice of words, though, Pyramid sound like ponzie scheme (just kidding - bad joke I know- Got Bernie Madoff still on my mind) I get the idea and understand the concept.

I want to do the DTBC, but have a few questions that may not play out smoothly over threads (too much going back and forth kind of stuff). For eample: Does the person who accepts the anemome then exchange something of theirs' later? This is where I get confused. I got the jest of the purpose, but not the rules. I read the link for DBTC, but find my eyes rolling back in my head. Oh, wait a minute, that's from sleep deprivation. Hee. Hee. I'll have to give it another going over, or discuss it with someone at one of the meetings. If anyone will still speak with me. :8)

Thanks for reading my post, responding and not running away like hell.

BTW: Baby RBTA is alive, well and really growing already. It's is almost firmly attached to a good size piece of rubble. Success at last.

Joel

"For eample: Does the person who accepts the anemome then exchange something of theirs' later? This is where I get confused. "
In the case of the anemeone, you would give your split to another member, they would then wait for it to split, and then give that to another member.

In the case of corals, you frag a coral, give frags to members, they grow those frags out and then frag it up, and give to another member/s

There isn't a standard rule. You get to make your own rules.
Something like this:
1. Has to be BAR member
2. Good with SPS or LPS or RBTA
3. Need to have a tank thread
4. Give me back a piece if I lose mine.
5. Don't listen to Tony.. :D

Thing like that.. You can't really request the person to give you something back though because that would be like a trade..

Okay. Sure.

So the chain doesn't really go back to me unless I lose my RBTA; then I get dibbs back on the one I gave like a recision (take back clause) of the gift? or do I wait for the 3rd gen, and get first dibs on that one?

I ask because, I see other DBTC posts that make special rules. I'm sure if I am articulating as well as I can; but I think you see the line of thought. Almost on board here.

Thx Erick

Phong's got you covered,
If you state the rule that you get first dibs if you lose your colony, it usually means first dibs on the next frag they make. Not so much taking back the frag you gave. The DBTC is a good way to back up your corals in case of catastrophic tank failure where you lose most or everything.

Think of it as "Pay It Forward" since that term has been gaining in popularity in recent years :)

If the anemone is still available please post here and PM me. I'd LOVE to give it a GREAT home in my aquarium! :bigsmile:
Just for the record, I'm almost 100% sure that what killed two of the anemones I had was over-feeding. I cut way back of feeding and now I only feed once every week or more. So basically they died out of love. :(
Anyways, PM me if it is still available because I would LOVE to give it a GREAt home in my aquarium as I said earlier! :bigsmile:

Hi Matthew,

I'd have to think long and hard before doing that.

I may wind-up keeping if it wont sting my other RBTA

My wife has problems with folks that lose critters, even if it's by accident, I know this from my own personal experiences. At the very least, I'd need a doctors letter from you and permission from your mom too. Just kidding, or am I.

I'm sorry Matthew, I don't know you well enough to be kidding with you like this, but I don't think this is going to happen, as my wife has become attached to this little bugger.

Happy Reefing

Joel, does your wife have her own tank?

12 gallon nano, with upgraded PC lighting, and her own RBTA would be pretty nice :D

I have a DBTC one from Lyn in a 12g Aquapod and it's doing really well.

Hey Mr. Ugly, AKA :quest:

I think you're asking if my wife has her own tank.... My repsonse: No.

If I understand you right, :~ I think you alluding to setting up a nano tank for my wife, but I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at in your post.

I agree with you. ;) Though, a 12g nano sounds pretty sweet, we have two tanks, already, and another one is pretty much out of the question, according to my darling wife, unless "I" buy a larger house. That's not going to happen. $)

I have always dreamed of having a seahorse tank, but those little critters are under attack, so I have to enjoy them underwater instead. (That's where I get my real thrills anyway)

I meant what I said about my wife feelings relating to our pets (reef tank included of course), but rather than dragging my wife into the post (even though she agrees with me), what I really should have said, is that "I wouldn't feel comfortable giving or trading anything with, you, Matthew, at this time. Reason being...." If you read Matthew's posts, his tank seems to be in crisis mode lately.....

Thanks for your post. I feel a lot better now. Whew 0:)

Matthew, No hard feelings, I hope, if you're reading this. I admire your tenacity and commitment to the hobby.

Happy reefing,
Joel

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_2888_3.JPG

Back