Cali Kid Corals

BAR Fish Trap?

Nav

Like the PAR meter thats been going around, I was thinking it would be great if BAR could sponsor a fish trap that (paid) members can borrow? I feel its something that every aquarist would need at some point :)

Any thoughts?

The problem is, that is something you would likely need on pretty short notice.
It takes a while to get equipment passed around. So might be an issue.
And as equipment goes, it is pretty cheap.

We talked at one point about having some sort of emergency-equipment list by location.
It might be a better candidate for that. But that list never really went anywhere.

The problem is, that is something you would likely need on pretty short notice.
It takes a while to get equipment passed around. So might be an issue.
And as equipment goes, it is pretty cheap.

We talked at one point about having some sort of emergency-equipment list by location.
It might be a better candidate for that. But that list never really went anywhere.
I think having local lists of emergency equipment and medication that people are willing to share would be amazing. This is one of those side projects that would be great to have a member volunteer head up. If someone is interested in spearheading this, I'd be more than willing to help them out with the details :)

I think having local lists of emergency equipment and medication that people are willing to share would be amazing. This is one of those side projects that would be great to have a member volunteer head up. If someone is interested in spearheading this, I'd be more than willing to help them out with the details :)

I'm happy to help with this now that I'm a "webmin" (still figuring out if that is "web admin" or "web minion"). Also, I can start the list with all the random stuff that I have in my garage.

How would that list work?
Almost needs to be wiki-like.

And on topic : I have a fish trap members can borrow. Union City.

How would that list work?
Almost needs to be wiki-like.

And on topic : I have a fish trap members can borrow. Union City.

I figured I would create a new thread and then people could reply to that thread with what they are offering for borrowing and their location. I would just update the first post as needed to reflect the responses. I'll look into a wiki plug-in for the forum, but it kind of seems like overkill for this use.

I figured I would create a new thread and then people could reply to that thread with what they are offering for borrowing and their location. I would just update the first post as needed to reflect the responses. I'll look into a wiki plug-in for the forum, but it kind of seems like overkill for this use.
Sounds good. Simple is better.

i suggest using a google doc for people to access and update with the equipment they have. there would be several tabs indicating the different locations in the bay (i.e. southbay, east bay, etc), and people would post in their corresponding location

Im urgently need fish trap to get my white bar Maroon out of my tank. I just order a pair of high grade black eye onyx clown and the Maroon get to aggressive with her new mates. What is the bets method to catch her?

Im urgently need fish trap to get my white bar Maroon out of my tank. I just order a pair of high grade black eye onyx clown and the Maroon get to aggressive with her new mates. What is the bets method to catch her?
Hi Nhan, I have one.
I should be around this evening. PM me.
Hold off on feeding, so they get hungry. Makes it easier.

@RavenSF You could borrow Gimmito's fish trap. Maybe he'll let you check out his epic 450 gallon tank. The thing is big and beautiful.

As for getting your own fish trap, the aqua medic fish trap works well.

Back