got ethical husbandry?

BAR newbie

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm relatively new to reefing (about 2 years) and just became a supporting member of BAR. I signed up for this site about a year ago but never became active on it until now. I must say I'm already super happy with the sense of community that everyone has on here and look forward to becoming a part of that community.

Currently I'm still finishing my build of a 40g display with a 20g sump. It's been up and running for about a year but I didn't start "doing" anything with it until about a month ago. I've since aquascaped, added sand, several corals and a few new fish. My next step will be to get a pair of A360WE Kessils, a Tunze Osmolator, a Neptune Apex controller, and a second MP10Wes that I will place on the opposite end of the tank.

Here's a few pictures of the tank as it's coming along. The pictures with no sand are from when I first set it up. Also, the sump picture with the wires "tidied" up is how it currently looks. But I think I'm going to take the rock out of the center chamber and create a refugium with chaeto. I want to see how well it will work with this setup. I'll post more pics of the build as I change things.

FnPzWmM.jpg
9MFzoPz.jpg
Jl1393H.jpg
vkipAGf.jpg
dS28iXv.jpg
Dm15zxR.jpg
3lvMEGW.jpg
IlKCfnG.jpg
sfIccjR.jpg
rvBXzo7.jpg
lMbZjAd.jpg
afCSaFy.jpg
Uj2ZAjL.jpg
JQHkUQR.jpg
MWVDUok.jpg
jFlaAMi.jpg
JXbvPy8.jpg

Thanks. You're right. It's 36"x15"x19". It's not as wide as a breeder, which I would have liked, but I got a good deal from a guy that was getting out of the hobby so I picked it up.

Back