Reef nutrition

BARcode v1.26.0

It would be useful to be able to checkbox pick/modify from a list the common DBTC rules when you start a DBTC in BARcode. If you look at Mike‘s standard rules they don’t cover some that I think we all take for granted, like if the originator needs a frag later they are first in line for example. There are some others that he outlines that truly are optional. Since BARcode is creating the first post, would be helpful to be able to pick the ones we want.

It would be useful to be able to checkbox pick/modify from a list the common DBTC rules when you start a DBTC in BARcode. If you look at Mike‘s standard rules they don’t cover some that I think we all take for granted, like if the originator needs a frag later they are first in line for example. There are some others that he outlines that truly are optional. Since BARcode is creating the first post, would be helpful to be able to pick the ones we want.

I considered that but I felt it would be too restrictive to codify it. So...there is a free form notes field for this sort of thing.

But...I like the idea of a list that you pick from.

Can we make it more obvious to the originator and others who have frags when someone puts in a request for a DBTC? I was just randomly poking around and noticed I have people who have put in requests for frags. I never got any notice on the site, by email, etc. And it doesn’t show up for me even when I’m looking at the coral in question in BARcode, unless I drill down to see the waiting queue, which is 3 clicks deep and not obvious (to me anyway).

I’d recommend maybe an email and/or website alert when someone requests something you have, and also have it show up when looking at your gallery of DBTC corals.

Can we make it more obvious to the originator and others who have frags when someone puts in a request for a DBTC? I was just randomly poking around and noticed I have people who have put in requests for frags. I never got any notice on the site, by email, etc. And it doesn’t show up for me even when I’m looking at the coral in question in BARcode, unless I drill down to see the waiting queue, which is 3 clicks deep and not obvious (to me anyway).

I’d recommend maybe an email and/or website alert when someone requests something you have, and also have it show up when looking at your gallery of DBTC corals.
this is a great idea. I think the way it's currently built, the originator (or a recipient of said frag) is meant to stay proactive and update frags available which then releases an alert in the thread?

Yeah. In the case where someone “gets in line” for a frag and there are frags available there needs to be a notification.

My first inclination is to post it to thread, so folks can discuss it there. But, the system could send a DM to the owner or even start a DM conversation between the owner and the “customer”. I just don’t know whether that would become annoying for the owner. They can always set available frags to zero to mute this behavior.

I’ll start with a thread post and see how that goes.

Yeah. In the case where someone “gets in line” for a frag and there are frags available there needs to be a notification.

My first inclination is to post it to thread, so folks can discuss it there. But, the system could send a DM to the owner or even start a DM conversation between the owner and the “customer”. I just don’t know whether that would become annoying for the owner. They can always set available frags to zero to mute this behavior.

I’ll start with a thread post and see how that goes.
A post in the thread might be best, since we want others with the frag in the chain besides the originator to know about the request.

I also think having it show up on the thumbnail card when someone is looking at their current DBTCs would be helpful. Like how you have a yellow rectangle that says "2 available" at a glance, would be good to have another square saying "2 waiting" or something.

A post in the thread might be best, since we want others with the frag in the chain besides the originator to know about the request.

I also think having it show up on the thumbnail card when someone is looking at their current DBTCs would be helpful. Like how you have a yellow rectangle that says "2 available" at a glance, would be good to have another square saying "2 waiting" or something.

Done and done. And done for the day.

Reactions: JVU
first of all thanks for all the hard work on barcode.

is there a way to turn off the feature about the people who are in line?

No, we’re trying it out for a bit to see whether people find it annoying. I presume you do - or do you have a different reason?

I would argue that when you make frags available and BARcode posts about it - folks will chime in on the thread anyway. We’re just saving them some typing and keeping a running list.

first of all thanks for all the hard work on barcode.

is there a way to turn off the feature about the people who are in line?

Also, it’s worth noting that BARcode is not the authority. It shows you the list of people standing at the door. It’s your call who gets in the club.

Also, it’s worth noting that BARcode is not the authority. It shows you the list of people standing at the door. It’s your call who gets in the club.

i understand the concept, but i dont want them to think that being in line means they are guaranteed a frag and have their heart broken when they are not the chosen ones.

Back