Reef nutrition

best survival tecnique for rare softies

I like to wrap and band a cage of onion bag netting around a 3-way crook of dead acro. Drop in a softie frag, band the top closed and you're done. I try and give these frags plenty of flow. I've had 100% success w/ this method but it's a bit time consuming so I only use it for rare softies.-Jim

Jim, I've tried this method a few times but found that if the bag is not very loose the softie will grow into/thru the mesh. Then they fall off the ruble when you try to remove the bag.

I often use the same y shaped rubble and very loosely wrap the softie. Since learning to keeo the band loose I've had few problems so long as I didn't remove it too soon. ;-)

Cheers!

cwolfus said:
Jim, I've tried this method a few times but found that if the bag is not very loose the softie will grow into/thru the mesh. Then they fall off the ruble when you try to remove the bag.

I often use the same y shaped rubble and very loosely wrap the softie. Since learning to keeo the band loose I've had few problems so long as I didn't remove it too soon. ;-)

Cheers!
Correct on all counts.

Back