Jestersix

biocube29 Leaks! How can I fix it?

Man, this biocube29 has been real disappointment. After all the lights and hood problems I've had now the thing just sprung a leak. I was sitting at my desk and suddenly I hear dripping on the floor. From the top of the tank, front corner, water is just streaming down. I have now keep the level below the top - I guess a gasket between the glass and the top plastic piece is leaking. Suddenly and for no reason. I bought the tank about 6 months ago new.

Anyone know how to fix a leak like this. I hate to keep the surface that low forever.

Thanks for reading and sympathizing. :)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/photo-5.jpg

most likely a shitty job on siliconing the top part.

Best bet is to cut the old stuff off, and re-silicone it... you could always make the water level stay below the upper rim as an option too :D

If your return pump is pointed up and to the left (facing the the tank) then the flow will go over the lip sometimes. I would try and change where the spigot is pointed to see if it stops first. If it keeps leaking, then you have a problem.

Pretty sure you have to go through the dealer for warranty issues on Oceanic products.

Just in case:

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/contact/

But I'm hoping h20player101 player is right as that explanation makes total sense to me :)

I have a 29 as well, i bought from Mario. Do you know if they would honor that? I don't have a leak but I wouldn't be shocked if I turn around one day and Oceanic's wonderfully made product (haha) is leaking salt water all over my floor.

warranty is limited and non transferable without receipt (in which case you would have to say that you bought it new)

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/assets/008/23067.pdf

I would still give them a call, On my BC14 they were willing to ship out a whole new tank for a broken bulk head (the fitting connecting the return pump to the display) but I was able to just go back to my lfs and they switched it out.

Back