got ethical husbandry?

Bird wrasse

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Anyone have any experience with bird wrasses? I’m concerned that the care guides say to feed them 3 times a day - don’t think I’ll be able to do that.

Yes. THEy are awesome. Pretty sure they will eat shrimp and crabs. Get fairly large.
Autofeeder is the answer. Most fish want to eat multiple times per day.

I wish I could have one in my wrasse tnak, but they just aren't reef safe with inverts. And as Mike mentioned they get almost a foot long and aggressive when they get large.
I feed all my wrasses three times a day.

Yeah, I may try an auto-feeder, but what’s to say this fish will even eat pellets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my rule (that I rarely follow.) If there's possible red-flags with a species that are worrisome (and if it's a species that's almost impossible to catch) then it's probably a good idea to fall in love with another fish. There's plenty of fish species in the sea. Many of them may be your soulmates.

I’m really not a Neptune guy. I’ve always used the eheim everyday autofeeder. Works great. Just tape the feeding slot where you want it to Ben so it doesn’t accidentally get moved and dump in too much food.

I like the Eheim and it was my go-to for many years before I started using Apex a few years ago.

The Neptune AFS is very similar to the Eheim, just connects to Apex, which I like for ease of programming and remote activation. The main reasons the Apex AFS gets bad reviews is because it is ridiculously loud, and it is old tech they got from another company and just made a wired connection to the Apex (as opposed to coming up with something better) and then charged twice as much for the connection. It’s annoying, but having it connected is worth a lot to me so I use it.

What kind of pellets would you recommend for the automatic feeder and the ~5 inch fish I have?

I have herbivores, carnivores and omnivores. They get Nori to snack on every day

There are so many choices and pellet sizes out there that it’s difficult to buy blindly.

Back