Reef nutrition

Black Friday sales...what did you get?

Klems

Supporting Member
OK folks, looks like it starts earlier every year....so far I picked up a Hanna ALK and ULR Phosphate checker along with some ROX 0.8 carbon...

What is everyone else looking to grab???

I'm thinking of getting the GHL 2.1 doser (3 pump) from Premium Aquatics, it has a pretty good deal. I don't have any SPS yet, but ultimately I'd like to get going on that a bit (hoping my magnifica won't just genocide the tank by sweeping across everything as it gets bigger).

The Vertex Omega skimmers are ridiculously cheap now too. I wonder if something new is coming out. I think they're about 50% off! I wish the Vertex 130 had better performance reviews, but I'm sticking with my NYOS skimmer for now.

Ive been thinking about the GHL doser as well.
any insight on this guy compared to the apex doser?
I don’t have the ghl but the Apex dos is built like a tank but I wish it had at least one more head.

It’s funny I say that because I’m currently only using one of the two heads.

does the apex doser offer any additional features that others cant do because of the apex integration?
or does it just integrate and tell you how much ML you are dosing.

No big ticket items for me this year. Although I was hoping to get 25% off Red Sea Energy from Drs Foster and Smith using the Keyword PRESALE but it is one of the items not allowed to be discounted:( But their regular price is still $4 cheaper than Marine Depot

does the apex doser offer any additional features that others cant do because of the apex integration?

I've heard with the DOS Apex integration you can do a lot of fine tuned scheduling (like dosing more during certain times of the day), and you have a log (which I guess would just confirm your schedule).

Probably not needed, but it's nice to have Apex controlling it.

Weirdly, GHL also came out with a 2 head doser that costs as much as their 3. Maybe it's for their KHL device which only really doses 2 things.

Any websites out there that have a running list of aquarium goods?

Tempted to get one of those fat Marine Pure blocks from BRS as they're doing 30% off now.

I hope to get couple of koralia 12 v dc powerhead . Reef-pi 1.0 release will be around x-mad and after that I want to work on wave makers :) . Other than that, may be some good peristaltic pump. I don’t want full dosing system with controller, since I’ll be using reef-pi. I doubt something like masterflex sells individual dosing pump, and even if they sell I doubt they’ll be on black Friday sale

I'm looking into a cordless sliding dual bevel saw, don't know if it counts on this thread; is just that the Bosch 10" I have is very very heavy.

My AT Bubblemaster 250 has been currently running on a single Sicce psk2500 pump, been dragging my feet on a replacement. new skimmer or replace the pump, kind of leaning towards just replacing with a Varios DC pump, then I can tune it to whatever I need, I mean it's a good sized skimmer body, and $700-1000 for a new skimmer vs 250 for a pump... hard choices.

Some guy was willing to sell A Bubble King Super Marin 300 for like 600, very tempted but older style pump and just too mmuch skimmer for my tank

My AT Bubblemaster 250 has been currently running on a single Sicce psk2500 pump, been dragging my feet on a replacement. new skimmer or replace the pump, kind of leaning towards just replacing with a Varios DC pump, then I can tune it to whatever I need, I mean it's a good sized skimmer body, and $700-1000 for a new skimmer vs 250 for a pump... hard choices.

Some guy was willing to sell A Bubble King Super Marin 300 for like 600, very tempted but older style pump and just too mmuch skimmer for my tank

bubble Kings are beasts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love the DOS. I don’t use it to dose alk/Ca but rather use it for daily water changes.
With the Red Sea coral pro salt-I see 7.7 alk everyday currently and 450+ Ca without further messing with anything else.
It tells me how much water was added and taken out-I actually put in 3400 ml per day (a little less than a gallon) and take out 3000ml- so it helps balancing the salinity as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spare Sicce available in SF...

Officially purchased:

AquariumSpecialty:
  1. Icecap Gyre Battery Backup (on sale, AquariumSpecialty has them in stock, no tax)
  2. Got a 6" line of 1/2" locline (had to get up past the free $99 shipping)
MarineDepot:
  • AquaUV 8watt UV w/ wiper (cheaper than anywhere else, even with tax).
Decided to get a dedicated UV that I can just attach inline with everything else, and turn it on/off when I need. The wiper function is awesome, don't need to disassemble to get it cleaned up.

I know people usually don't need UV (I never did in the past), but my tanks had issues =P

Back