Jestersix

Blown circuit on AI Hydra?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
So I got a Hydra 26HD set up tonight, seemed like it was working fine, and then suddenly the power went out on it. Thought it might be a PSU issue, so I swapped it out for another one; same issue.

Looking at the PSU light, it's bright, solid green when it's plugged into power but not the Hydra. When I plug it into the Hydra, the green PSU light turns off and blinks once per second. Same thing happens when I try another PSU.

Pretty sure I know the answer, but any thoughts/tips to try?

So I got a Hydra 26HD set up tonight, seemed like it was working fine, and then suddenly the power went out on it. Thought it might be a PSU issue, so I swapped it out for another one; same issue.

Looking at the PSU light, it's bright, solid green when it's plugged into power but not the Hydra. When I plug it into the Hydra, the green PSU light turns off and blinks once per second. Same thing happens when I try another PSU.

Pretty sure I know the answer, but any thoughts/tips to try?
The fact that the PSU LED turns off is a tell tale sign that it is triggering its output short-circuit protection.
This was the same behavior with @Wlachnit 's blown Kessils, till the offending channel was electrically isolated.

Back