High Tide Aquatics

Bolick's 55gal mixed reef

Seems odd, and I don't have any good theories. Easy enough to only run the reactor 1/2 or 1/3 time which gets the filtering effect of the carbon while letting the polys open.
Yep! I'm just gonna run it when I have a good reason to - I began running it because I was dosing prazipro.

Seems odd, and I don't have any good theories. Easy enough to only run the reactor 1/2 or 1/3 time which gets the filtering effect of the carbon while letting the polys open.
The carbon is also ancient (>3 years) - may be that it absorbed something toxic during storage, and is releasing it in small quantities. Will test with a new batch of carbon.

The carbon is also ancient (>3 years) - may be that it absorbed something toxic during storage, and is releasing it in small quantities. Will test with a new batch of carbon.
That makes more sense than anything else I can imagine. Something like car exhaust that settled in the garage on the surface of the carbon would do it.

Anemones are looking super inflated and happy, but are constantly walking around (and detaching from rocks to find new spots). Anyone experience this? This behavior seems to coincide with vinegar dosing.

Anemones are looking super inflated and happy, but are constantly walking around (and detaching from rocks to find new spots). Anyone experience this? This behavior seems to coincide with vinegar dosing.
Yeah, they walk whenever they decide they aren't happy with where they are. New flow or new parameters would do something like that.

Is my growing appreciation of aiptasia aesthetics an indication of the severity of my problem?

Attachments

• IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 89
Surprisingly, their stings seem much milder than those inflicted by my pocillopora - one aiptasia among my monti setosa branches is barely even affecting the setosa!
The issue is they can reproduce faster than anything else in the tank and they reproduce exponentially. In a few years, you may not be able to have any coral due to the amount of aptasia.

Like has been mentioned before, it is your tank. I'm not trying to discourage you or insinuate that you are doing something wrong. I just want to make sure you have all the info you need to make your own decisions.

The issue is they can reproduce faster than anything else in the tank and they reproduce exponentially. In a few years, you may not be able to have any coral due to the amount of aptasia.

Like has been mentioned before, it is your tank. I'm not trying to discourage you or insinuate that you are doing something wrong. I just want to make sure you have all the info you need to make your own decisions.
I'm just messing around - this is a resurgence since the last berghia treatment. Just haven't gotten around to popping by JVUs berghia breeding grounds :)

Back