License to krill

Borrowing Club Equipment

Wlachnit

BOD
Staff member
Now that I have borrowed a few items from the club (PAR meter, Band saw), it occurred to me that being responsible to deliver it to the next person seems backward. (unless I am missing something). You have no control over who signs up after you. And, if that person is really far from you (e.g. north bay vs south bay), you are stuck trying to figure it out how to get it to them. Wouldn't a better approach be that the next person in line is responsible for getting it from the last person? This way, when you sign up, you know where you may have to go to pick up said item. Does this make sense? May be I'm missing something?

rygh

Webmaster
Staff member
Agree.
And not sure when that changed. Last time I borrowed the club PAR meter, I had to get it,
and the next person came to get it from me.

Also, people switch order occasionally to minimize travel.

Important:
If there is no next person, you are responsible for temporarily safely storing the item,
and returning it to one of the BOD as soon as practical.

ashburn2k

Webmaster
Staff member
I would also like to add, report your equipment current condition (parts) after receiving it, so it gets documented.

xcaret

It has been my understanding that the person needing to borrow the equipment, is responsible for picking it up and return it unless agreed to something else.
I have the band saw, picked it up after the swap. I’ve been a bit busy but will get to frag what needs to be fragged and contact a BOD person to deliver it.

Flagg37

Supporting Member
If the current system gets changed, make sure it’s when I’m in possession of it. That way I get it delivered to me and then picked up from me too.

That would save me a lot of driving where I live. :)

rygh

Webmaster
Staff member
If the current system gets changed, make sure it’s when I’m in possession of it. That way I get it delivered to me and then picked up from me too.

That would save me a lot of driving where I live. :)
Sounds like a good excuse to visit Colorado and freeload off some BAR member.

Chromis

Supporting Member
+1 It makes more sense for the next person in line to decide if it’s urgent enough to drive very far to pick something up or defer to the next person who might be a shorter trip to pick up from. It also relieves schedule constraints - the equipment can be left on a doorstep and next person can pick it up anytime, versus if you need someone to bring something to you, you have to work with their work/childcare/traffic constraints.