Jestersix

Boun's reef tank Journal

99sf said:
Beautiful photos! I especially love the shots of the fish with amazing colors. Which camera are you using?

Thanks! I am using Nikon D300 and I am still learning how to use it. :)

Ibn said:
About time you take some pics, haha.

Yup... It's about time.. You could have taken some better pictures when you were here on Saturday. Anyway, here are more pictures of the fishes and corals in the tank.

DSC_3464.jpg

DSC_3462.jpg

DSC_3456.jpg

DSC_3445.jpg

DSC_3440.jpg

DSC_3436.jpg

DSC_3432.jpg

DSC_3431.jpg

DSC_3425.jpg

DSC_3418.jpg

I decided to take a couple of pictures of my tank. I added some corals from Ian and picked up a big clam. The scape still needs work.

DSC_3777.jpg

DSC_3779.jpg

Rick778 said:
Looking good!
Are you using a Macro to take your pictures? Which one?

Most of the close up pictures I used a macro lens. I have the nikon 105mm but some of the pictures I used nikon 17-55mm. The last two pictures I used the nikon 35mm.

Looking good how are you liking the two MP40W pointing right at each other? I have the same exact tank dimensions just a glass Oceanic one. I should have just saw your thread cause I pretty much did the same equipment list haha.

slim_jim989 said:
Looking good how are you liking the two MP40W pointing right at each other? I have the same exact tank dimensions just a glass Oceanic one. I should have just saw your thread cause I pretty much did the same equipment list haha.

I moved one of the MP40W down more and the other a little higher. they are not quiet pointing straight at each other. It works well for me.

boun11 said:
slim_jim989 said:

I moved one of the MP40W down more and the other a little higher. they are not quiet pointing straight at each other. It works well for me.

Ok.. let me take out my camera. Just came back from our 5th grade program, "I'm going to college!" We took over 110 5th graders to UC Berkeley for a day and let them take some classes taught by our staff. It was a long and tiring day! Stay tune for pictures later on tonight.

Here are some updated pictures of the tank. Less snails now since I gave some away. I changed the layout too. Enjoy

DSC_6896copy.jpg

DSC_6901.jpg

DSC_6899.jpg

DSC_6898.jpg

Back