got ethical husbandry?

Brain Sweepers

patchin

Supporting Member
Rich's Brain is sending out long wispy "sweepers" that are hitting other frags on the rack. Are these dangerous? This piece has been on a frag rack since the swap, so I assume they're not hazardous???

Sweepers are meant to sting corals around them. Some corals may be stung by your brain sweepers and hurt and others won't be hurt. For example, I have a favia that had sweepers which hit a war coral and plate and visa versa but they don't seem to hurt eachother. I have a torch which sends out sweepers which nuke SPS.

Yeah, they're bad, yeah they do it.

I have a baseball/softball sized colony of a favia that I saw once sent out a sweeper that had to be 10 inches long if it was a foot! Luckily its placement and water flow sucked that sweeper towards the vortech pump.

Gomer said:
Sweepers are meant to sting corals around them. Some corals may be stung by your brain sweepers and hurt and others won't be hurt. For example, I have a favia that had sweepers which hit a war coral and plate and visa versa but they don't seem to hurt eachother. I have a torch which sends out sweepers which nuke SPS.
Sweepers are to clear out the competition, and CONSUME them :)

My frag of I wanna sex you up mycedium acquired at the last meeting has sweepers that are about an inch and a half long. No wonder it's so darn happy........it's protecting it's territory and eating like a pig. :exmark:

Back