Our mission

BRS 10% back

JVU

President
BOD
I'm needing to buy more stuff and I like to buy from bulkreefsupply since I find their videos very helpful.

Like everyone, I get the 5x points (5% back) in the preferred reefer program. I've noticed every 3rd Wednesday of the month they double that to be 10% back, which I've used. Waiting weeks to buy stuff can be hard though.

I've also seen that various groups can get that deal at other times during the month through club/group buys, and get some free stuff to boot for the group. I've seen it mentioned a few times but don't see how to actually participate in it. Does BAR participate? Or other open groups? Is it a PITB to implement with one person buying and everyone else paying them? Any info appreciated, thanks.

They have 10% group buys on Reefcentral and Reef2reef as well as FB on different weeks of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with us as a group doing a group buy is we are so spread out. Now if you got a few people from say SJ then that would make it easy. Im in Hayward and would not be able drive down there during the week and vice versa if we did one up here in Hayward.

I guess I still don't understand the mechanics of how it works... how could R2R, RC, FB, or some other international group have a group buy if location matters? They must ship items to individuals who order, not to one place? By the way, I called BRS and their customer support rep didn't know how it works either, I guess I can look on those other forums or just ask Randy at BRS.

BRS "group" is just a gimmick. Basically day do a different promo targeting a different forum on different weekend with different password so they can track effectiveness of marketing campaign / venue, basic stuff.

You can get 10% almost every weekend if you look in the right forum.

Thanks. Looks like there is one this weekend at R2R so maybe I'll try it out. I realize it's gimmicky but an extra 5% off matters for expensive items that don't go on sale :)

I agree on getting the 10% rewards points especially with MAP vendors which seem to be quite a few of them these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I would wait for a group buy if I know i have big purchase coming up. You used to be able to get 10% on more vendor, but that list is shrinking fast. I were able to get 10% on AI not long ago but not any more.

What we used to do was one person would have everything shipped to their house and everybody would come by and pick up their stuff. If there was no free shipping it would be divided up amongst those who were part of the buy

Back